Bag Question

Crackel

Last time I was at disney (2011) I seem to remember there being a basket on most rides to hold a small bag. Is this true? Im wanting to bring a small drawstring bag into the parks for phones and other things I may need but don't want to have to pay for lockers. Thanks!

Rob562

You can take a bag on any Disney ride. The more-intense ones have a place to put your bag, other rides will just have you put it at your feet. The only ride with lockers is Kali River Rapids.

It's Universal that doesn't allow bags on many of their rides.

-Rob

Upvote 0

englanddg

One Little Spark...
You can take a bag on any Disney ride. The more-intense ones have a place to put your bag, other rides will just have you put it at your feet. The only ride with lockers is Kali River Rapids.

It's Universal that doesn't allow bags on many of their rides.

-Rob
Yes, but on the rides Uni doesn't allow bags, they offer "free" lockers. (they are free for a period of time, then charge...the period of time is more than enough to ride the ride).

Upvote 0

luv

Most rides don't have a place to put a bag because you can just hold it. Rides on which it might be difficult to hold a bag usually have a place to put it. :)

Uni does require you to put your bag in a locker for many rides...some of which I personally think are completely unnecessary...and the locker is free. It's kind of a pain, always having to go in and out of lockers, so if you can manage to get along without a bag - bagless is really the best way.

Upvote 0

HouCuseChickie

I often carry a backpack in the parks. In most cases, I have had enough room for my bag in front of me. Soarin' is the only exception I can think of as it doesn't fit in the basket under the seat, but they just have you put it on the ground in front of your seat...so, it stays on the ground while you're riding.

Upvote 0

kasey1988

We use a drawstring style bag to hold our belongings and have never had an issue taking them on any ride at disney. Either we store it in the area in the ride car or just hold on to it. Now universal was another story, several rides require a lockers since you can't take them on, the lockers are free for 30 minutes , which was fine when we were there in September, but I could see this being an issue in busier times..

Upvote 0

ratherbeinwdw

Last time I was at disney (2011) I seem to remember there being a basket on most rides to hold a small bag. Is this true? Im wanting to bring a small drawstring bag into the parks for phones and other things I may need but don't want to have to pay for lockers. Thanks!
Most days, I carry a backpack and a good size camera case. I've never had a problem on any ride.

Upvote 0

englanddg

One Little Spark...
Space Mountain is the only ride I've ever had any trouble (and it wasn't major trouble) with my bag...I also lost a camera there one year (slipped out of my pocket)...but it was found and returned to me a few days later.

Upvote 0

disney4life2008

I carry a drawstring bag as well - and all disney rides have a place for storing in various modes. Just be cautious that before you sit down that it is zipped up or closed tightly. Over the summer I got on TOT and my bag was closed tight. When I exited to take a photo outside - my phone was gone but my bag was still closed. The CMs were quite mean that I inferred I lost my phone on the ride but checked anyway. Then a nice young man said I found a phone and there it was. I guess the gravity made my phone fly out. Just be careful

Upvote 0

TinkerbellWDW

st time I was at disney (2011) I seem to remember there being a basket on most rides to hold a small bag. Is this true? Im wanting to bring a small drawstring bag into the parks for phones and other things I may need but don't want to have to pay for lockers. Thanks![/quote]
In the past I have taken a small backpack & put it between my legs on the floor of rides. On the wet rides like splash mtn. I place cell phone in a ziplock bag and place in backpack between my legs. You can also put your leg through one of the straps if your afraid the bag will fly out. I've never had a problem. Will be there tomorrow!!!

Upvote 0

luv

We use a drawstring style bag to hold our belongings and have never had an issue taking them on any ride at disney. Either we store it in the area in the ride car or just hold on to it. Now universal was another story, several rides require a lockers since you can't take them on, the lockers are free for 30 minutes , which was fine when we were there in September, but I could see this being an issue in busier times..
The times for the lockers vary, based on the length of the lines.

You always have enough time to stand in line, ride and get back to the locker. :)

Upvote 0

kasey1988

The times for the lockers vary, based on the length of the lines.

You always have enough time to stand in line, ride and get back to the locker. :)
Good to know, we were thinking is would really suck during busy times to have to use a locker just to ride the ride, but understand why they have to set limits since some people would abuse them and leave there belongings there all day!

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom