Bag check question

Texas84

Original Poster
What is this for? This is my first Disney race but I'll do what I always do, lock everything in the truck and run with my truck key. Should I put the key in the bag check? What do you all use the bag check for? Thanks!

Ariel484

I am not planning on using bag check for the Princess Half in February. I did use bag check at a previous (non-Disney) race and cannot even remember what I put in the bag – maybe warmer clothes and flip flops for after the race or something - but I do remember that we were not allowed to include keys and/or cell phones or things like that…I would imagine Disney has a similar rule, but really, I would rather hold onto important things like that myself because I’m paranoid. :shrug:

In your situation I would probably recommend skipping bag check. It just seems like it would be more trouble than it’s worth for you if you’re only carrying your truck key – I bet the lines to pick bags up after the race can get pretty long.

Good luck!!

dreamfinder

If you are going to lock your stuff in your car, then I would just carry your key. The bag check is meant more for runners who didn't drive themselves over. I have left changes of clothes, comfortable shoes, post race foods, etc. But that is only when the finish isn't right next to where I parked. The lines for both drop off and pick up can take a while depending on when you hit them.

lukacseven

Bag check is actually really good for the Disney races. It is secure and well organized (as long as people aren't using the bag check tent as shelter from the sleet and rain). Your goody (or schwag) bag from the Expo serves as yout gear check bag. Typically this was a clear plastic drawstring bag. Last year for the marathon, they gave out nylon mesh drawstring backpacks. The bag check volunteers will zip tie the bag shut for you as you enter the runner's only secure area. I like to throw in a dry shirt, towel, maybe sandals to do a quick change after the race. I always left my resort room key/park pass in the bag and never had an issue. The area is constantly monitored, bags are sealed and only can be claimed by a runner with the corresponding race bib.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom