Backlot tour rehab news

BrerFox28

Account Suspended
Original Poster
Does anyone know if the Backlot Tour was updated, or it was just closed for the stunt show. Also, when is it scheduled to re-open?

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Reopening around April 2, 2004, with some possible re-routing, although no solid info yet.

meanmice

Last time I went (august) it was interesting to see the new tour route because it was a part of the park that I wasn't used to. I'm glad that it should be open for the next time I go (april 3-10).

imagineersrock

I'm so excited about this... can't wait to get an up-close look at the progress on the new show's construction.

and steve- any word on the rumored POTC revamp of the special FX water tank show..?

thanks.

s25843

Originally posted by imagineersrock
I'm so excited about this... can't wait to get an up-close look at the progress on the new show's construction

thanks.

You can probally count on any parts that go near the new Show area will be walled off...

imagineersrock

Originally posted by s25843
You can probally count on any parts that go near the new Show area will be walled off...

thats a given. but [for me anyways] i'll be happy with simply seeing the scope of the construction from [soon to be] several different angles. even walled off, i'm sure we'll get to see things we havent seen before, or at least see things from a different angle.

Shaman

Originally posted by s25843

Yup, after the first re-routing (right after they demolished the "houses"), the area was walled off, and as the tour tram made a long journey passed it, the cm commented about the show...I doubt they'll give us any looks into the construction site this time around either...but who knows....

Chernabog

Just a note, when I was in the park on the 11th I could hear them testing the FX water tank. The ride was closed off and there was a castmember there to explain to guests that it was closed but you could clearly hear them testing some explosions in the tank area, and yes I'm sure it wasn't the canyon it was definatly the water tank. Not sure if this has any significance about the POTC update though. Just thought I'd share.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom