Backlot Tour Refurb in January has been Postponed!!

scott7302

Original Poster
Yay I have just received an email from Stich Kingdom saying that the backlot tour refurb has been postponed.

That means it will be open fully when I am there from the 21st January until 8th February yay!

Can anyone confirm this to be true? Maybe they decided too much was closed in one park?

I thought it was wierd that it was never displayed on Disney Worlds website...

RSoxNo1

Here's hoping that the next time it goes down for refurbishment it's actually a replacement.

As for HISTK playset - I had read that this refurbishment was not going to change it over to A Bugs life which still makes very little sense to me. I really hope there is a grander scheme for that area because right now it makes very little sense.

Tom

Beta Return
Yay I have just received an email from Stich Kingdom saying that the backlot tour refurb has been postponed.

That means it will be open fully when I am there from the 21st January until 8th February yay!

Can anyone confirm this to be true? Maybe they decided too much was closed in one park?

I thought it was wierd that it was never displayed on Disney Worlds website...

I never did believe that one, since it never appeared on Disney's site, and we're awfully close to when it was supposed to go down. I think someone got some bad info.

Sounds like we'll probably cross paths. Jan 30 - Feb 5 for us :wave: Our flight will be shorter though, and over less water.

S

stphnbogert

I'm hoping in the near future when we get a pixar expansion that gets changed to bug's life playground and it will be called..."It's Fun To Be A Bug". And Backlot Tour will be demolished for Pixar. =)

britlightyear

Yay!:sohappy:
I'm not the biggest fan of this attraction but it was closed on our last trip in Jan. 2010 so I was hoping to get to go on it in a couple weeks (Hopefully for the last time before they pave over it...:lookaroun)

bstiles

Hopefully the money they were going to use for this refurb goes toward something else that might be more useful?

S

stphnbogert

If it doesnt get demolished then I'm hoping for a HUGE update. Pearl Harbor scene needs to be replaced by a more updated movie. Lol.

GrumpyFan

If it doesnt get demolished then I'm hoping for a HUGE update. Pearl Harbor scene needs to be replaced by a more updated movie. Lol.

For the life of me, I can't figure why they haven't replaced the Pearl Harbor scene with a mock-up of the Black Pearl or any similar ship and do a Pirate scene that would fit in to Pirates of the Carribbean.

S

stphnbogert

For the life of me, I can't figure why they haven't replaced the Pearl Harbor scene with a mock-up of the Black Pearl or any similar ship and do a Pirate scene that would fit in to Pirates of the Carribbean.

that actually would be amazing. show how they do some of the special effects on the black pearl (i.e. cannons, gunshots)

Tom

Beta Return
It needs a total reimagining let alone a rehab.

Unfortunately, yes. It was one of my favorite attractions in its early years - back when you walked through the sound stages and actually saw a "backlot".

These days, the only thing you see that could actually be considered part of a studio's backlot is the costuming department. Other than that, you're seeing junked out props that were thrown there merely to justify 200 yards of tram pathway, the back of a show stadium, and other odd things that were never actually part of a working studio.

And the whole "Pearl Harbor" effects show is so obsolete it's not even entertaining.

Testtrack321

I also, for the record, don't like the idea of making a Pixar Place with just stuff from the DCA expansion. It's lazy and also destroys some good opportunities to do something unique.

I say update the intro to Pirates, add new props to the queue, build out the tram path to new areas with effects (something similar to the Reign of Fire stuff at DS in Paris, only to a popular movie, or a Tron area), and make this an artificial, yet still accurate, BACK STAGE TOUR!

Mouse Man

The back lot tour in it's hay day was truly fun and amazing. I wish they would fully refurbish the back lot tour. I would love to see pirates and see what they could do making a spectacular attraction out of Catastrophe canyon into something ele. I would love to see the cannon ball fight with heavey water affects in it. Please keep Tron out of the parks. The origional was boring and stale and the new one is not that much better.

ToTBellHop

After riding the backlot tour at Universal Studios Hollywood, I have little use for ours...but since it will be open for my trip, it's worth one ride. The tour at USH is truly a cool ride, though. Of course, they actually make movies there...

Tom

Beta Return
After riding the backlot tour at Universal Studios Hollywood, I have little use for ours...but since it will be open for my trip, it's worth one ride. The tour at USH is truly a cool ride, though. Of course, they actually make movies there...

Since we can't fill a day at DHS, we always take the "tour" at least once, since we usually need to kill time before Fantasmic.

preludevtec01

Dec 10th, they didn't even have people "on set" during the "Pearl Harbor" scene. The attraction needs something BAD! Catastrophe Canyon is cool but can't keep the attraction going.

Tom

Beta Return
Dec 10th, they didn't even have people "on set" during the "Pearl Harbor" scene. The attraction needs something BAD! Catastrophe Canyon is cool but can't keep the attraction going.

Was that one of the frigid days when everything "wet" closed? We were there Jan 3-9, 2010 when they had their last freezing spell. All they did was walk guests into the spectator area and ran the fireballs over and over and let us watch a recorded video, then shuffled us onto the tram.

Nobody complained though, as nobody wanted to get wet at all.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom