Backlot Tour - Costuming?

TxStateMouse

Original Poster
Hello again. This is just something I have been wondering (for years actually). When you go on the Backlot Tour, you go through costuming, right? Well can someone tell me if people actually work in there? It LOOKS like it could be functioning, but with Disney you just never know. And I have NEVER seen anyone working in there. :cool: What's the scoop, guys?

One Lil Spark

EPCOT Center Defender
I remember that it used to be fully functioning when DHS first opened... Though that was also when DHS was actually used to record pilots, tv shows, etc.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Yes they use that location to produce the costumes for the entire WDW resort. So even though there are no movie productions there anymore, it does provide costuming many of the 60,000+ CMs at WDW. Even Mickey Mouse himself has a tailor there I believe.

TheDisneyMagic

They definately do operate out of there, not only does it do costuming, it also houses a number of machines that can cut a number of different materials in to any shape entered on to a computer terminal.

It is very fascinating inside.

Tom

Beta Return
We took the backstage magic tour twice, a year or two apart. Both times we went inside Costuming (the room where all the Backlot Trams drive by the windows).

They are busy little beavers in there. They make, re-make, and re-fit every piece of costuming for all the CMs on property, even the furry ones.

We actually got to hold a parade suit from one of the 7 dwarves. They were repairing it for that night's Spectro. It weighed a TON with the batteries and lights on.

So, yes indeed, they work hard core in that little area.

mkt

Disney's Favorite Scumbag™
Premium Member
It is fully operational, but it is far from WDW's only costume production facility

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom