Back Yard Imagineering!

pyschotropic

Original Poster
Even Walt Disney started in his backyard, so the question is
why can't we, the anwser is give it a try. Still wondering what im talking about? well that's ok Im talking backyard Imagineering to the extreme, the ultimate personalized Disneyland built from cardboard, paint, plastic, styrofoam, wood and whatever one's
wallet might be able to dish out. Top it off with extensive research
of Disney's Classic attractions to complement each other in one's own personalized settings, then reproduce, reinvent, or materialize a brand new Disney style attraction only small enough to be built on your property and you've got your own Disney themepark and you are now your own Imagineer. Sounds crazy, mabye far fetched even, too many people yes im sure, but with
time and development over a few years Im sure it's possible. You would also need to have some knowledge of Engineering, Mechanics, Art, Sound, Lighting, and Computers which over the past 10 years or so I have been researching for that very fact.
So far Ive developed about 8 of Disney's effects I have a whole room full of blueprint's, models, and concept drawings of scaled down Disney attractions as well as originals that if they were actually built would work just as good as a fine swiss watch!

DisneyPan

If you build it they will come. . .

Where in MD. do you live? I live in White Marsh and I will definitely come and visit your theme park.

Sounds cool!!!

CaptainEO

Thats a great idea. Right now I'm making a scale model of every theme park. I just started on the Magic Kingdom, all I know is its gonna take a whole lot longer then I thought, and take up way more space. My apartment cant hold it. I've told everyone I know this, and they agree. When I buy a house, its gonna be the crazy house in Florida. I'm gonna have an actualy ride attraction in my house, with crazy lighting effects and everything....all done by me, so it will not be that expensive. No, I'm not an engineer, artist, sound tech, or anything. Just a guy with a hobby and a love for what Walt Disney did in his life.

Horizons1

Well right now im working on putting in the leapfrog fountains like the ones at EPCOT in front of JII,im putting them in my parents garden.They also have speakers out there so i have all the old EPCOT park music playing.Feels just like your there. So next im gonna build my own SE:animwink: Anyone wanna help?

enfilm

I used to do haunted mansions in my basement all the time and I've thought about building my own disneyland but the neighbors would complain (besides, I would want to do it full size and I don't have 50 acres). So I'm thinking of how to put some type of attraction in my house. I can do the architectural and theatrical design and figure out some of the engineering but I get lost when it comes to electrical and computer stuff.

By the way Captian Eo I have plans for all the parks and a lot of the rides if you need help. I'd love to see pictures of your models

Ed

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom