Pre-Trip Baby's first birthday trip starts tomorrow!

I couldn't be more excited! Little Michael's first birthday is Friday and he'll be spending it at the Magic Kingdom on his first trip to Disney World! Some highlights include:

• Crystal Palace birthday breakfast with Winnie the Pooh and Friends
  • First haircut at Harmony Barber Shop
  • MEET MICKEY AND MINNIE!
  • Birthday dinner at Be Our Guest
What better way could there be to spend your first birthday?!

Staying at Art of Animation in a Finding Nemo family suite from Thursday to Wednesday and a total of 14 friends and family from Florida and other areas of the country will be joining us at various times throughout the trip. This includes his great grandparents, who brought me and my brothers to WDW every year growing up, along with him meeting two uncles (my brothers) and a great uncle for the first time.

In 24 hours, we'll be on Magical Express! This day is gonna drag...

EDIT: This should probably be in Trip Reports and not Trip Planning. Whoops!

drizgirl

Honestly, he won't remember. So do whatever you like and get some great photos to show him when he's grown. Have a great trip!

PSM

Original Poster
Honestly, he won't remember. So do whatever you like and get some great photos to show him when he's grown. Have a great trip!
Oh I know he won't remember; the trip is more for us to enjoy with him, photos, family getting to meet him for the first time, his great grandparents getting to experience Disney with him since they brought us growing up, etc. Lots of good stuff happening. And if he's anything like me, he'll like having those photos to look at when he's older even though he won't remember this particular trip. I started going with my parents and grandparents when I was only a couple months old and I love seeing those photos. And they love the memories.

NickMaio

Have an amazing time - - - Don't let the "They won't remember" haters harsh your trip.
As if the only reason why we do things for our children is for them to remember................such a shallow point of view.

Your little one will feel all the love, thought and caring that went into their special day.
They are lucky to have such caring parents as you!

NickMaio

Even as an adult - - - I can't remember vacations I took 20 years ago........Does that mean I should have never taken them????????

I honestly will never understand where this mentality comes from.....We took our little guy last summer, he was 10 months, I wanted to mouth smack every person who said...."why are you going there, they won't remember".

Have a blast - - - - !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

drizgirl

Even as an adult - - - I can't remember vacations I took 20 years ago........Does that mean I should have never taken them????????

I honestly will never understand where this mentality comes from.....We took our little guy last summer, he was 10 months, I wanted to mouth smack every person who said...."why are you going there, they won't remember".

Have a blast - - - - !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
You're reading something that wasn't there. I never said they shouldn't go. Never asked why they were going. And wished for them to have a great trip.

NickMaio

--Honestly, he won't remember ---
Not exactly a positive salutation to someone before they take an important vacation with their 1 year old.

My point is that many people pepper this statement to new parents - - - - - -how can it not add a negative spin on their amazing trip.

Sure it's obvious - - - - but is it really necessary?

drizgirl

--Honestly, he won't remember ---
Not exactly a positive salutation to someone before they take an important vacation with their 1 year old.

My point is that many people pepper this statement to new parents - - - - - -how can it not add a negative spin on their amazing trip.

Sure it's obvious - - - - but is it really necessary?
Just wanted to encourage the OP to do the things the adults find enjoyable. Next time try not to read more into a statement than what is there. If I could take my child for their first birthday, I absolutely would.

NessNewt

I couldn't be more excited! Little Michael's first birthday is Friday and he'll be spending it at the Magic Kingdom on his first trip to Disney World! Some highlights include:

• Crystal Palace birthday breakfast with Winnie the Pooh and Friends
  • First haircut at Harmony Barber Shop
  • MEET MICKEY AND MINNIE!
  • Birthday dinner at Be Our Guest
What better way could there be to spend your first birthday?!

Staying at Art of Animation in a Finding Nemo family suite from Thursday to Wednesday and a total of 14 friends and family from Florida and other areas of the country will be joining us at various times throughout the trip. This includes his great grandparents, who brought me and my brothers to WDW every year growing up, along with him meeting two uncles (my brothers) and a great uncle for the first time.

In 24 hours, we'll be on Magical Express! This day is gonna drag...

EDIT: This should probably be in Trip Reports and not Trip Planning. Whoops!

Sounds like the perfect way to celebrate a first birthday! Adorable. Have so much fun!

ELeigh

I took both of my children to WDW for their first birthdays. While they don't remember this now a few years later, they love looking at the pictures of their first Disney trips and hearing stories about them.
Sounds like a great trip in the making have a magical time!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom