Trip Report Baby's 1st WDW Trip, Limo Ride, Stay at AOA and, Well, Just About Everything Else!

Well, hello there! This trip report is for our trip we took April 21-27. I know, late much? Between this trip and now, we had ANOTHER WDW trip, 2 birthdays, including a 1st birthday extravaganza, and busy days working and wrangling a toddler. I also wanted to have all the days posted on my blog first so I could make sure I had all my details straight and in order before posting here...mommy brain is in full effect over here!

I did post a Pre-trip report a while back, but most of the actual plans got rearranged once we were in WDW, so read at your own risk: http://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads/...-member-new-fantasyland-and-aoa-a-ptr.863451/

I'll start out with a repeat of the cast of this trip:

Me (Lynn) and my husband (Brett)
I'm a CPA and the planner of the family. He's a photographer and perpetual winner of Buzz Lightyear and Toy Story Mania. We live about 3.5 hours from WDW and are annual passholders and Tables in Wonderland members.

First-Disney-Trip-505.jpg

Trent: Our son was 10 months old when we went on this trip. It was his first WDW trip and trip in general. We are working hard to make him a Disney fanatic...one trip, and ridiculously adorable and cheesy photo at a time.

p1538455728.jpg

Day -1: Saturday

The day before our trip is Day minus 1…just a quick note about getting ready…

For the first time in as long as I can remember, we gave ourselves a day to prepare for our trip, instead of going the very next day after working. Well, I gave myself a day to prepare…Brett had a wedding to shoot for most of the day, so it was me and Trent holding down the fort.

And boy was he a needy little fella all day. I thought I never had enough time to prepare for trips before? HA! I had to pack and clean with him in my left arm for half the day…I’m surprised that arm doesn’t look like one of Arnold Schwarzenegger’s arms – Mr. Olympia style. Then, he wouldn’t take his naps without me being there, either. I guess it was nice the first time I got to nap with him
icon_wink.gif
I was exhausted by the end of the day.

It’s like they know you have stuff to do, so they turn into this…

After a day of preparing, it was also nice to know we weren’t waking up at 4 in the morning like we usually do, so it meant that we might get at least a few hours of sleep. {Ha! Yeah, right!}

Day 1: Sunday

Like I just mentioned, it was nice to NOT be leaving at 3-4 in the morning to make it for rope-drop on the first day. Normally, we don’t see the point in paying for a hotel for a night if we won’t be there until late at night after work, so we tend to just leave really early on our first day.

This time, since we had planned on Trent’s first ever day at Disney World to be at Magic Kingdom on Monday, we left Sunday for travel, IKEA, checking in and dinner…a relaxing “get settled in” type of day.

I woke up around 7:30 to get ready and finish some of the last packing items that I didn’t get to do the night before. Then, Brett and Trent woke up shortly after. We wanted to leave by 9am, but in typical Svenson-family fashion, we left an hour later at 10. Adding getting Trent ready and feeding him to the mix, I knew we weren’t going to leave on time. When we say we want to leave at a particular time, we should just go ahead and add an hour to it from the get-go.

We hit up the drive-thru at McDonald’s (darn you Chick-Fil-A for being closed on Sundays!) for breakfast on the go. We purchased a season’s worth of Mickey Mouse Clubhouse to play on the iPad for Trent. We set up the iPad right in front of him and he watched about 2-3 episodes before falling asleep. Our road-trip was going great so far!

WDW-April-2-e1374108822124.jpg

WDW-April-3.jpg

Last edited:

Lynn1030

Original Poster
Just loved this trip report. The photo's and videos are amazing. It demonstrates that if the 'parents' are willing to enjoy a WDW trip with their baby, the family will have a fantastic trip, you guys did a wonderful job making his first trip all about him. Kudos.

I found bringing my kids from the time they were babies helped them in future trips not to be timid with the attractions, they haven't developed that fear factor yet and then they just continue to go on those same attractions in their preschool years. You two seem to have created a new Disney fan. Congrat's.

My question is how did he adjust back to normal foods, he seemed to be really enjoy being a Disney Foodie?

Thank you! That is my hope too - that by exposing him to these rides and attractions, that he will be accustomed to them. After all, I am no fan of Tower of Terror and Brett always has to go alone. Hopefully Trent will be ready to go on with Daddy when he's tall enough!

As far as the food goes, he definitely had fun trying new things...but he made sure to tell us when he didn't like something...by sticking his tongue out and letting all the food in his mouth fall out. That provided a few laughs the first few times, but now he does it often and it is not so funny. It helped us find new foods to feed him back home, but I also think he was bored when we got home! Like, "what happened to my ice cream every day??"

Raven66

Enjoyed it all immensely. The pictures at Crystal Palace were so cute. I like how he had to "pet" them. My daughter did the army crawl too when she was little. She never actually did the regular crawl. She went from the army crawl to walking.

It looks like you all had so much fun. Your son is adorable. Thanks for posting your pictures.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom