baby crying sounds on "its tough to be a bug"

orlandorealtor

Original Poster
Did anyone ever notice when the "Terminteator" sprays his acid at the bug on the left side of the theater they play a sound of a baby crying (or so it sounds). I always thought it was just one of the numerous children crying in the theater but realized today that it was a sound effect.

TTATraveler

I always thought that it was a kid in the audience. So many parents take there kids to see It's Tough to Be A Bug not realizing that it can be scarry and loud.

Eeyore

Mrs. WDWMAGIC [Assistant Administrator]
Premium Member
I've always wondered what the purpose of having that sound effect in the show track was. Anyone know? :confused:

orlandorealtor

Original Poster
It's like those sound effects they had in the Stich show in tomorrowland before they took them out. "Look it's Stich!", "He's right next to me!" or something to that effect. That was probably the most rediculous things (aside from the actual show itself) that I've ever seen. That's like having a recording of people on Thunder Mountain when the ride is over saying, "Oh my that was fun! It was like we were on an out of control mine car but in reality we were safe because it's just a ride and we're at Disney World".

thisisnotanexit

you never know what you're in for at it's tough to be a bug. parents definitely don't take the warnings seriously. my latest experience with the show didn't go so well. the kid directly behind me cried extremely loud the ENTIRE show. and of course, rather than get up and take the kid out, they let him scream for the duration of the show.

peter11435

Eeyore said:
I've always wondered what the purpose of having that sound effect in the show track was. Anyone know? :confused:
The purpose in the show is that after the "Termitator" kills the flea he hears the crying baby in the audience and says, "I detect more intruders, intruders must be terminated" and then sprays the audience with his deadly acid.

disneywy

I always noticed the crying noise as well. Hearing one child cry seems to trigger more kids crying. That might not always be the case, but seems to happen at times.

ErickainPA

There was a girl that was about 12 that jumped into her mom's lap when the show is over and all the bugs run across the seat. I had to laugh

Damien666

I always though it was a kid crying, parents just don't read the warning signs. Every time I see this show there is always several groups of parents with their crying kids leaving the show during the Hopper scene. (The most intense part of the show) Now It's Tough to be a Bug is one of my favorite 3-D shows. I just shake my head when the kids take off!

Steamboat_Kevin

Muppet Vision also does something like this. When Bean Bunny runs away and appears on one of the balconies, Sweetums says something to the effect of "Anybody seen a bunny?" and they play recordings of children saying "He's over there!" etc.

mkepcotmgmak

i had a girl sitting beside me that jumped and screamed so loud when the wasps attacked, that her shoe went flying two rows in front of us... she is 24 years old... :lol: :cry:

Hurricane

In the old Alien Encounter there used to be a guy somewhere behind you in the soundtrack who said something to the effect of "theres my mother in law" -- but this played even if you were in the outermost row (and hence no one could be behind you).

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom