Avoiding Evening EMH in December?

tunatink

Hi All,

I've heard that it's best to avoid a park with evening EMH.

Do you think that stands true for the first week in December? :veryconfu

Thanks!

col

i cant comment on the first week in december but i have been there xmas week and the 3 weeks after and i went on all the rides i couldnt go on during the day coz of the long lines (soarin',splash mountain) during evening EMH's. that to me is when you get to experience the rides coz of the small wait times, an example soarin' during the day 3 and a half hours plus; soarin' of a night during EMH's 20 mins!!

as ive said the rides that i didnt go on during the day coz of the lines i could go on of a night during EMH's.
another great thing about evening EMH's is seeing the park centre pieces all lit up; my faves are the tree of life and the castle.

Upvote 0

spaceghost

Hi All,

I've heard that it's best to avoid a park with evening EMH.

Do you think that stands true for the first week in December? :veryconfu

Thanks!

From everything I've read, that's actually probably one of the best times of the year to use the EMHs. Crowds are down and the EMHs add more time to shortened operating hours. During actual Holiday weeks may be another story, but the first week of December shouldn't be a problem.

Upvote 0

mrwright

we were last in wdw 12/3/06 - 12/9/06. we went to the emh for the MK & MGM. both were great! walked right on TOT, Rockin, star tours, big thunder, splash, space mtn, basically all the big rides were walk ons. they were even letting people stay on splash & big thunder withouth getting off! i would say do it!

Upvote 0

nibblesandbits

A basic answer to your question would be yes. If at all possible, avoid the park that has EEMH. Plain and simple. That park is usually gridlocked during the day, since most people nowadays are not buying the Park Hoppers and are instead picking the EMH park to visit because they will get the most time for their money there.

My advice is to actually purchase the park hopper. Go to the park that had Evening EMH's the night before (because since everyone went to it the day before, wait times will be shorter) and then hit up the EMH park either later in the afternoon or actually during the EMH.

Keep in mind, I've never actually been in December...this is more of just a guide...so if the parks aren't that crowded...which I've heard they aren't...play it by ear. But from my experience, the way I've described is the best way to visit the parks.

Upvote 0

KrazyKowboy

we were last in wdw 12/3/06 - 12/9/06. we went to the emh for the MK & MGM. both were great! walked right on TOT, Rockin, star tours, big thunder, splash, space mtn, basically all the big rides were walk ons. they were even letting people stay on splash & big thunder withouth getting off! i would say do it!

We were there the week prior during 11/25 through 12/02 and had the same experiance. Very light night crowds and walk on all rides in MK. Even at Epcot and MGM waits were never more than 10 minutes.
The extra hours are a great value at this time of year!

Weather is great, crowds are light, and rates are lower, and everything is decorated for the holidays. You never wait more than a few minutes at the restaurants with your PS.
Fast passes? Forget it, you'll never need them !

I'll never think of going any other time of the year again !!!

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom