TP2000

Be thankful Disneyland management is cheap right now. I could totally see this being added to DCA to sell glowing drinks.

Oh, gawd. I needed that laugh!

I saw the thread title and instantly though "Oh, nooooo they're not?!? This is going to be so dumb and awful!" and then I clicked open the thread with a tiny pinky tap and scrunched up eyes trying to keep safe, and... it's a joke.

And that YouTube video is horrifying. Truly horrifying.

I'm reminded why I've never gotten a blue alien on my doorstep at Halloween. It's weird and dumb.

But I can't thank you enough for the Monday night laugh! Bravo, sir! 🤣

Phroobar

Original Poster
It begs the question. Why isn't there any Avatar movie promotion going on in the parks? Are they just so confident they are going to make a killing that they don't need to spend money on it?

denyuntilcaught

It begs the question. Why isn't there any Avatar movie promotion going on in the parks? Are they just so confident they are going to make a killing that they don't need to spend money on it?
Very, very good question. If I were Disney I'd be running that "synergy machine" as much as possible given Avatar's high threshold to break even.

Bus wraps aren't going to do it. Just ask Strange World.

Consumer

Avatar is one of the few movies where a sneak preview at the Magic Eye theater would not only be thematically appropriate, but would actually interest people.

DrAlice

Be thankful Disneyland management is cheap right now. I could totally see this being added to DCA to sell glowing drinks.

The dancer in me really wanted to like this. I mean, it started off ok with the soldiers, but then it just got weird. No one thought to tell the choreographer that perhaps an entire stage of blue "crotch shots" wasn't the best idea?

OOF.

Phroobar

Original Poster
The dancer in me really wanted to like this. I mean, it started off ok with the soldiers, but then it just got weird. No one thought to tell the choreographer that perhaps an entire stage of blue "crotch shots" wasn't the best idea?

OOF.
Gotta agree with you there. Too much tail.

Phroobar

Original Poster
I wonder if we will get a walk around Na'vi? That would be pretty cool for Tomorrowland. Maybe the reason we aren't getting any in park advertising is because Cameron owns the movie and Disney is just distributing? I don't know.

No Name

I wonder if we will get a walk around Na'vi? That would be pretty cool for Tomorrowland. Maybe the reason we aren't getting any in park advertising is because Cameron owns the movie and Disney is just distributing? I don't know.
Distributors are traditionally the ones who foot the bill for promotion and I imagine that’s the case here. Disney just sent some of the cast out to their elaborate advertisement in Florida but it’s a bit odd that we haven’t seen more across all parks.

Phroobar

Original Poster
Distributors are traditionally the ones who foot the bill for promotion and I imagine that’s the case here. Disney just sent some of the cast out to their elaborate advertisement in Florida but it’s a bit odd that we haven’t seen more across all parks.
Could it be that Disney is burying it like they did with Strange World?

No Name

Could it be that Disney is burying it like they did with Strange World?
It’s reportedly either the most expensive film ever made or close to it, and they’ve been advertising heavily across a lot of other avenues, so no I don’t think they’re burying it.

Just now I realize they don’t even have a walk-around Navi in Florida, so that would be a pretty large development cost the 20th Century arm of the company wouldn’t want to take on. And if you don’t have a walk-around Navi, then what do you do… put up a poster? My guess is they just didn’t see a good option for DL or we’ll see something small next week.

Phroobar

Original Poster
It’s reportedly either the most expensive film ever made or close to it, and they’ve been advertising heavily across a lot of other avenues, so no I don’t think they’re burying it.

Just now I realize they don’t even have a walk-around Navi in Florida, so that would be a pretty large development cost the 20th Century arm of the company wouldn’t want to take on. And if you don’t have a walk-around Navi, then what do you do… put up a poster? My guess is they just didn’t see a good option for DL or we’ll see something small next week.
They could have at least done a movie trailer preview in Tomorrowland. They could have done a ElecTRONica type thing in order to sell glowing drinks with plastic glowing alien plants in them.

No Name

They could have at least done a movie trailer preview in Tomorrowland. They could have done a ElecTRONica type thing in order to sell glowing drinks with plastic glowing alien plants in them.
Yeah that’s true, there’s quite a bit they could do.

They do have a walkthrough exhibit and castle projection in Shanghai. It might help to do something in a park that’s actually open!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom