Autograph books

mikepaj

I have just a few questions about autograph books at WDW.

Where can you buy them (e.g., theme parks, resorts)?
Are there different kinds or just one standard one?
How much?
What is best type of pen/marker to use so characters can write, but the signatures don't bleed through the pages?

I said it was just a few questions :)

Thank you for any input you may have.

Yellow Shoes

We bought ours at the checkout at the Pop Century food court.

There were ball point pens available there also.

They are pretty easy to find. The first popcorn cart you see at MK as you pass under the train station has them.

ANY gift shop will have them. I think they are $6-8

As far as pens go, the bigger the better--it's hard to grab a pen when you only have 3 fingers!! (poor Eeyore only has hooves)

I prefer a retractable pen rather than one with a cap that might get lost in the backpack or dropped. My son still talks about the character who "clicked" the pen on his head. He thought that was hysterical. (The lesson here is to make sure the pen is ready to go before you hand it over)

I personally would not recommend Sharpies or any permanent marker, unless you are signing clothing. They are too dangerous if the cap should come off. I think they are fairly bad "bleeders" also.

PS--some people suggest index cards that can go in a photo album, or having the characters sign every other page so that a photo can be pasted into the autograph book. Some scrapbookers are having the characters sign a scrapbook page.

Upvote 0

shari71

There are at least two different kinds available that we saw and a CM said there was a third coming out.

1) Standard blue cover with Mickey and friends. Lots of blank white pages that can bleed to the other side. Around $6 I believe and can be bought almost anywhere.

2) Princess - Lavendar cover with the left page having a spot for a picture and the right page for the autograph. Heavier paper, probably won't bleed. Few pages than 1. I saw them in several places, but we picked up ours in Downtown Disney. Don't remember the price right off but I thought it was under $10.

3) Supposedly a Mickey one like #2 is supposed to come out soon.

Bigger pens the better since most of the characters have bulking gloves. The princesses usually have their own crayon, but don't count on it.

We bought the standard pen that is usually next to the autograph books in the stores and it works pretty well. It is a ball point but a larger pen for easy gripping.

Next year I am going to bring crayons, crayola markers and a ball point so I can have each type as needed for the characters.

Last year, Kermit, Buzz and Woody all had stamps they used instead of signing, but I didn't see that this year.

Upvote 0

VillianFan

Just a thought, we always buy hats for my girls. And they wear them during the trip, keeps the sun off their faces and I don't have to carry autograph books. We get the characters to sign the hats using Sharpies and now they have the hats hanging up in their rooms to look at, instead of getting stuck in a drawer.

Upvote 0

CAPTAIN HOOK

The joys of standing in line for character autographs - You just can't beat it :lol:
Seriously - the autograph books are available at most WDW store cash register points and ball point pens (the thicker the barrel the better)

Upvote 0

djhammon

Hi

Just to add you can buy the long retractable pens from most of the shops on property, the Emporum on MS USA is the best and just as you go in the park!

:xmas:

Upvote 0

Pioneer Hall

There is one standard size autograph book. It is blue and has the main characters on front (mickey, minnie, etc). There is also a larger princess one that allows you to put a picture in the book with the autograph. The standard book is somewhere in the area of 6 dollars. You can find them everywhere too. Every shop pretty much sells them as well as most of the merchandise carts. Autograph books are the easiest things to purchase in WDW. The best pens are truthfully the type WDW sells. They are bigger and fatter than an average pen so this way it is nice and easy for the character to write. If you are looking to bring your own pen something that is larger is the best. Regular ink works fine too, no need for markers or anything like that.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom