Aunt Poly's to close!!!

FLcastmember

Original Poster
Aunt Poly's, the PB&J and ice cream shop located on Tom Sawyers Island, will be closed until the week before Easter. Then it will reopen for two weeks. Then it will close until July, then remain open for the summer. So basically its going to be seasonal for now.

goonsquads57

You know, we are there during the two weeks prior to Christmas, and the more I think about it, the more it seems like it's never been open while we've been there. Is it just that I wasn't paying that close attention, or is it closed (seasonal) until Christmas week?

FLcastmember

Original Poster
well up until now, it has NOT been a seasonal thing, BUT they did cut the food part out for a wile around that time, leaving just ice cream and drinks. But guest demand brought the PB and J's back. Also, TSI is open from 10am till sunset (5pm winter, 6pm spring/fall, 7-8pm summers) BUT Aunt Poly's is only 11-4, so maybe you just missed it.

strobe

It's just too bad that a lot of really neat places are not running all of the time right now. I'm sure everything will rebound and be back to normal soon enough though. We live in Michigan, and the TV is just plastered with Orlando commercials all night long (WDW, USF, SW). It sure gives me the itch to get down there, and I'm sure it does other people too. Let's hope all the advertising helps.

T1nker_Bell

many attractions and restaurants are being closed seasonally to save money. As much as it saddens me, such minor cuts keep the park in business and in great service.

Bagheera

A small building down by the water on Tom Sawyer's Island, kind of across from the Liberty Belle's dock. It carries/carried ice cream, and sometimes PB&J and cold (refrigerated) fried chicken. It was only ice cream when we were there in November.

Epcot is my fav

Originally posted by Bagheera
A small building down by the water on Tom Sawyer's Island, kind of across from the Liberty Belle's dock. It carries/carried ice cream, and sometimes PB&J and cold (refrigerated) fried chicken. It was only ice cream when we were there in November.

ewwww im glad ive never eaten there.....sounds gross

Dizknee_Phreek

well, i probably would like Aunt Polly's better if they had PB & J with strawberry jelly (that is, i don't believe they had that) i hate grape! but they did have great ice cream! i think it's a shame that it won't be selling ice cream and beverages in May and June when the days start really getting heated up! in fact, i'm a little surprised that they're closing down AP when Birnbaums voted it the best outdoor restaurant in WDW. i think they need SOMETHING on the island food-wise. after all, it takes a while to get back the the 'main land' and what if someone on the island is in need of food (like a diabetic?) maybe they can sell snacky stuff in the fort like they did while i was there once (has anyone else every been there while they were selling ice cream in the fort? i believe their post was located between the restrooms, but i'm not sure)

lentesta

Premium Member
It was down to only desserts a couple of weeks ago - no sandwiches or chicken on the menu. The gazebo is still a nice place to eat lunch if you happen to find a couple of sandwiches, some drinks and a bag of chips in your backpack.

thumper

I liked AP's, even if it was only good for a nice place to sit in the shade and relax for a few minutes!

Didn't they also use to sell pickles as well?:confused:

agdbeanie

At one time they had more than just ice cream and PB & J. They had deliscious deli sandwiches and (yes) huge dill pickle that were great! I used to love that place! Then they cut the selection, but we still liked sitting at the gazebo and having a snack and relaxing. The deli sandwiches had turkey and another selection. Oh yeah! They used to have apple pie too.

frozenjill

We were there last week and the place was closed and seriously abandoned looking. I had read how it was a great place to get a snack, so took the kids over at lunchtime for food and playtime. Major disappointment. No notice that Aunt Polly's was closed and the raft guy seemed surprised that I'd care, but about 50% of the people who came over to the island were looking for a snack too. I say Disney should at least post a sign BEFORE you get on the raft.

all41

While it was open when I went in Nov 02, it had cut down its selection and I couldn't give my kids lunch. When we had gone previously, the turkey deli sandwhich was good and its a great place to eat. Can watch the boat and the kids run around the island.

Sorry to see it shuttered.:(

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom