August Hours!!!

grumpyny

Original Poster
I just called in to the central information line and they have just released August hours!!!! They are not on the automated phone system or the web, but if you speak to a CM they can tell you. They didn't know when the systems would be updated.

Highlights are:

MK Eride nights 8/19 and 8/22

Fantasy in the Sky 8/20, 8/23, and 8/25

Spectro Magic - 8/20 and 8/23

The other 3 parks seem to be running the normal hours.

As usual they gave me the old subject to change. Hopefully for the better.

:sohappy:

Lovecraft

Thanks for the info!

August is probably the earliest this year I will be able to go back.

It looks like I am going to be travelling for business all spring and summer :(

I... am... going... into... Disney World... withdrawal....

My friends and coworkers think I have a disease.

Is there a 12 step program for Disney addiction?

Bah! I don't want to be cured! YOU HEAR ME!!! I LIKE MY AFFLICTION! Muhahahahahahahaha!

Ahem. Sorry about my outburst. It shan't happen again.

*skulks away to the corner and reads "Imagineering: A Behind the Dreams Look at Making the Magic Real"*

*drools*

roysta123

Here are all of the hours

Magic Kingdom
8/1 9-9:30
8/2 to 8/9 9-10
8/10 9-9
8/11 9-10
8/12 9-9
8/13 9-9:30
8/14 9-9
8/15+8/16 9-9:30
8/17 9-8
8/18 9-10
8/19 9-8
8/20 9-9:30
8/21+8/22 9-7
8/23 9-9:30

EPCOT
Future World 9-6 (test track and some others will stay open)
World Showcase 11-9

Disney-MGM Studios 9-8:30 (almost everyday)

Animal Kingdom 9-5

Water Parks (both) 8/1 to 8/23 9-7

E-ride nights
8/1, 8/5, 8/8, 8/12, 8/15

DisneyPhD

Wahoo!!!!!!!! I have been waiting, (not very patiently I might add) for that!

I was a little worried, but I don't see how they can close MK so early in the summer before it even gets late. (8:00). Still it is better then when we normally go in March (closing at 6 or 7 everyday.)

So we will be there Aug 13 to 22, OKW. Hubby, myself, 2 year old DD and for the 2nd half of the trip SIL and BIL. Should be fun, who else is going?

Since Epcot FW is closing at 6, does that effect the Land? We are planning on eating at Garden Grill on 8-14 for our 10 year anniversary!:sohappy:

roysta123

DisneyPhD, I am not 100% sure about the land, however, every time I have been to future world when it closed at 7pm, every pavillion completely closed exept for Test Track and Spaceship Earth. This includes the Land pavillion, but you could try calling 407-wdw-dine and ask them if the restaurants will be open since Future World will now be closing at 6pm. I think everything in the Land pavillion will probably close at 6pm.:cry:

wdwfan22

Originally posted by DisneyPhD
Wahoo!!!!!!!! I have been waiting, (not very patiently I might add) for that!

I was a little worried, but I don't see how they can close MK so early in the summer before it even gets late. (8:00). Still it is better then when we normally go in March (closing at 6 or 7 everyday.)

So we will be there Aug 13 to 22, OKW. Hubby, myself, 2 year old DD and for the 2nd half of the trip SIL and BIL. Should be fun, who else is going?

Since Epcot FW is closing at 6, does that effect the Land? We are planning on eating at Garden Grill on 8-14 for our 10 year anniversary!:sohappy:

The Garden Grill is open nightly until 7pm for Dinner

Pumbas Nakasak

Heading for the great escape.
Those hours are pish. And the lack of E ride nights also indicate that WDW is obviously in as bad a financial situation as 12 months ago, savinf every penny regardless of the effects on guests.

FLcastmember

Originally posted by Pumbas Nakasak
Those hours are pish. And the lack of E ride nights also indicate that WDW is obviously in as bad a financial situation as 12 months ago, savinf every penny regardless of the effects on guests.

check the facts first before you make such a bold statement.

ERIDES FOR AUGUST ARE...

1st 930-1230
5th 10-1
8th 10-1
12th 9-12
15th 930-1230
18th 10-1
22nd 7-10

Hours are based on projected attendence. In the world we live in today, its too hard to guess that far in advance, and if May and June are any indication, WDW will increase those as hotel bookings increase, about 2 to 3 weeks before.

PS, attenedence is still down about 10-20 percent, and so are the park hours.

niteobsrvr

Originally posted by Pumbas Nakasak

Here is a scenario for ya:

You go to work every day on time for 5 years offering your best performance, staying late and coming in on weekends as needed.

During the 6th year, something happens that causes your company's product to not be in as great a demand as in the previous 5 years. The company is faced with an interesting Dilemma in that revenue is decreasing while shareholders expectations are increasing. The company needs to make some adjustments to reach a reasonable medium position in its quandry. So without asking you, they reduce your paycheck by 15%. Would u still be as inclined to put in all of those extra hours and give it your all.

This is part of the scenario Disney has found theirselves in over the past 18 months or so. The lower attendance effectively reduces Disney's revenue. Rather than lay a whole bunch of folks off or close down an entire park, they have chosen to reduce hours to make up the difference and reduce staff through attrition.

As a side note: When Disney does this it also custs the hours some cast members work either in regular hours or overtime(which many folks depend on because it is a low paying career to make everyday feel magical for everyone). How many of you have gone to work diligently and then one day find out your employer is going to cut your hours and thus your salary by 20 to 25 percent? Furthermore, How many of you would continue to work because you love your job that much?

GoofyMike29

up top of this thread someone posted an e ride being on august 19 8-11 PM

towards the bottom, after someone complained about the hours and lack of e rides, someone posted an e ride being on august 18 10-1 AM...

whcih is it?

Hochmania

I read that the August hours for MGM are as follows....

8/1-8/4 - 9-9
8/5-8/7 - 9-10
8/8-8/16 - 9-9
8/17-8/29 - 9-8:30
8/30 - 9-6
8/31 - 9-8:30

Pumbas Nakasak

Heading for the great escape.
Originally posted by FLcastmember
check the facts first before you make such a bold statement.

hello, where in my statement do you see a comment about e ride nights??? The fact that several posters made conflicting reports led me to believe that no one had a Scooby as to what was actually happening.

My comment was reserved for the fact that the park hours were actually reduced compared to my visit in Oct Nov. Now while I may share sympathy for Disney’s business plan as a Uk visitor im paying premium rate to visit in Aug so as a paying customer \I expect a reasonable return for my shekels.

As for the plight of CMs, while my heart may pump purple urine the sad reality of the modern world id that we all have to live with the turbulence of modern employment. If you would expect my good lady to nurse your kid to the best of her ability, why cant I expect you to man an attraction without griping. No offence intended, but we all do cr@p we don’t like.

FLcastmember

I just called in to the central information line and they have just released August hours!!!! They are not on the automated phone system or the web, but if you speak to a CM they can tell you. They didn't know when the systems would be updated.

Highlights are:

MK Eride nights 8/19 and 8/22

Fantasy in the Sky 8/20, 8/23, and 8/25

Spectro Magic - 8/20 and 8/23

the key word here is Highlights are:

but you do have a point, there was conflicting info on this thread. For that, I am sorry.

Generally, attendence trends downword after the 15th of Aug, to what you might call adverage. However, compared to OCT and NOV, it is still higher. As far as the hotel rates, I can not explain why they are what they are. I agree with you that there should be a direct relationship between park hours and prices people pay.

But rember this, when the parks close at 7, its going to be a slow day, and you will get twice as much done as on a day in the summer. The drawback is the lack of parades and fireworks, and IMHO, they equal out. So if you are looking to ride BTM over and over agian, go when its slow, but if evening entertainment is more important to you, then go on a Sat, with 50000 of your closest friends. As a CM, I WOULD LOVE for there to be later closings, MORE OVERTIME. So will I agree with all out there that complain about the lack of MK park hours compared to 3 years ago, I am in the park everyday, and i see that with the crowds we have now, the park hours are just fine. Maybe an extra 30 or 60 min here and there. But until the crowds get back to fre 9/11, midnights are a thing of the past.

SO, bottem line, come, come often, bring friends. Ans if we dont increase the hours then, I will jump on your bandwagon and complain to everyone who will listen.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom