Attractions we hate are in best condition... Rides we love are in worst

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
Original Poster
Alright.. So it might just be me being a 14 year old looking for thrills.. But I'll get my opinion out.

I haven't been to Disney for about a year, and we went yesterday (July 5th). I've never been during a busy-crowd time and to be honest it wasn't all that bad. Here's a list of all the attractions we did in order:

The Enchanted Tiki Room
Pirates of the Caribbean
Jungle Cruise
Country Bear Jamboree
Mickey's Philharmagic
Splash Mountain
Lunch at Sonny Eclipse's
Peoplemover
Carousel of Progress
Buzz Lightyear's Space Ranger Spin
It's a Small World
Space Mountain
Laugh Floor Comedy Club
Stitch's Great Escape
Supper break at Pinnochio's
The Haunted Mansion
The Hall of Presidents
Main Street Electrical Parade
Peter Pan's Flight
The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh
Space Mountain.

One thing I've noticed... Those rides that you all love and cherish so much are in worse conditions than the attractions ya'll hate. Splash Mountain had a number of problems I don't feel like naming. Mainly the laughing place scene. Peter Pan's Flight is really dusty, outdated, and somewhat boring. Carousel of Progress needs a major refurb. Some of the AA's are jerky, the turning stages make alot of 'wood creeking' noises, and it is so outdated and boring that it left me with a facepalm because I had looked forward to seeing it. Jungle Cruise was VERY pathetic. Some AA's weren't working, the 'tour guide' was awful, the AA's had leaves on top of them. To be fair the only good working scene was The elephant and earthquake scene. Needs a major refurb. I was REALLY looking forward to seeing The Enchanted Tiki Room. And now I just want to say sorry for rejecting the people who has called it a "snooze fest". No hating. But it was boring. I really enjoyed the new pre-show tho. Winnie the Pooh is good, needs a slight paint job. Country Bear Jamboree is still very very fun to go see. People laugh, stomp their feet and clap! But it's in bad condition. LOOOTS of squeekings and clicks. They move VERY stiffly. The audio wasn't a bad problem this time tho.

To be fair... Thunder Mountain looked great from the outside but I didn't feel like standing 70 minutes to ride it. Space Mountain was in great condition. We rode it twice. It's a Small World is in great shape. Mickey's Philharmagic is still entertaining. The PeopleMover is doing very good too. But there's not much to keep up with that. Buzz Lightyear was all good, except for some random black wall in the middle of the queue between fastpass and standby? Haunted Mansion and Hall of Presidents.. EXCELLENT experiences!

Here's the disappointing side.. Stitch's Great Escape. It's in the BEST condition. There were no flaws and the AA's were great. All effects worked. Plus.. It had such a long line that the extended queue was open with a 30 minute wait. I went when the line got down. Did you even know it had an extended queue?? Laugh Floor Comedy Club... I know most of you don't particularly like this. I loved it. It's in great condition and it was hilarious.

You'd think with their worst attractions in best condition... Why isn't their best attractions in good condition as well? Just wondering.

jlsHouston

Alright.. So it might just be me being a 14 year old looking for thrills.. But I'll get my opinion out.

I haven't been to Disney for about a year, and we went yesterday (July 5th). I've never been during a busy-crowd time and to be honest it wasn't all that bad. Here's a list of all the attractions we did in order:

The Enchanted Tiki Room
Pirates of the Caribbean
Jungle Cruise
Country Bear Jamboree
Mickey's Philharmagic
Splash Mountain
Lunch at Sonny Eclipse's
Peoplemover
Carousel of Progress
Buzz Lightyear's Space Ranger Spin
It's a Small World
Space Mountain
Laugh Floor Comedy Club
Stitch's Great Escape
Supper break at Pinnochio's
The Haunted Mansion
The Hall of Presidents
Main Street Electrical Parade
Peter Pan's Flight
The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh
Space Mountain.

One thing I've noticed... Those rides that you all love and cherish so much are in worse conditions than the attractions ya'll hate. Splash Mountain had a number of problems I don't feel like naming. Mainly the laughing place scene. Peter Pan's Flight is really dusty, outdated, and somewhat boring. Carousel of Progress needs a major refurb. Some of the AA's are jerky, the turning stages make alot of 'wood creeking' noises, and it is so outdated and boring that it left me with a facepalm because I had looked forward to seeing it. Jungle Cruise was VERY pathetic. Some AA's weren't working, the 'tour guide' was awful, the AA's had leaves on top of them. To be fair the only good working scene was The elephant and earthquake scene. Needs a major refurb. I was REALLY looking forward to seeing The Enchanted Tiki Room. And now I just want to say sorry for rejecting the people who has called it a "snooze fest". No hating. But it was boring. I really enjoyed the new pre-show tho. Winnie the Pooh is good, needs a slight paint job. Country Bear Jamboree is still very very fun to go see. People laugh, stomp their feet and clap! But it's in bad condition. LOOOTS of squeekings and clicks. They move VERY stiffly. The audio wasn't a bad problem this time tho.

To be fair... Thunder Mountain looked great from the outside but I didn't feel like standing 70 minutes to ride it. Space Mountain was in great condition. We rode it twice. It's a Small World is in great shape. Mickey's Philharmagic is still entertaining. The PeopleMover is doing very good too. But there's not much to keep up with that. Buzz Lightyear was all good, except for some random black wall in the middle of the queue between fastpass and standby? Haunted Mansion and Hall of Presidents.. EXCELLENT experiences!

Here's the disappointing side.. Stitch's Great Escape. It's in the BEST condition. There were no flaws and the AA's were great. All effects worked. Plus.. It had such a long line that the extended queue was open with a 30 minute wait. I went when the line got down. Did you even know it had an extended queue?? Laugh Floor Comedy Club... I know most of you don't particularly like this. I loved it. It's in great condition and it was hilarious.

You'd think with their worst attractions in best condition... Why isn't their best attractions in good condition as well? Just wondering.

Wow I am surprised Thunder MTN wasn't in the best shape since it was closed over easter this year for refurbishment.:( It is my fav ride...or at least tied with Small World and PotC

invader

Why close down the rides everyone loves? There was almost public outcry when it was announced that Test Track would be closed. People seem to love having their attraction open rather than having it be in tip-top shape.

Clamman73

Wow I am surprised Thunder MTN wasn't in the best shape since it was closed over easter this year for refurbishment.:( It is my fav ride...or at least tied with Small World and PotC

The OP only states it was looking great from the outside, but didn't feel like waiting so long to ride it...nothing about the condition of the ride itself.

jlsHouston

Well I will be on that ride July 27th and I will have to report back
The OP only states it was looking great from the outside, but didn't feel like waiting so long to ride it...nothing about the condition of the ride itself.

Well I will be checking it out in 19 more days and will have to report back. I believe it was closed for several months undergoing refurbishment.

Grumpy36

Well I will be on that ride July 27th and I will have to report back

Well I will be checking it out in 19 more days and will have to report back. I believe it was closed for several months undergoing refurbishment.
It was closed for a refurb. I was able to ride it a few days after it opened back up. While they didn't have all effects turned on yet, it was a great ride and looked beautiful both inside and out.

bella1620

where do i start. i agree with you 100% i love splash mountain.. but seriously though, that ride needs some serious work. the characters barely even move, it would be nice to see those little critters blinking and moving their mouths, maybe even change the story line( yes i said it, change the story line... somethings gotta go people its 2012!)
big thunder- just had refurb looks great
i HATE the jungle cruise. never liked it, always bored me, would not miss that ride at all
POTC- love it as it, always has been a favorite always will. and i love that its never more then 5 min wait, and how cold it is :)
tiki room- always forget how much i like that ride, always brings a smile
country bears <3 love it! out dated and all!

also, have to agree again... i dont see how peter pan always has that crazy wait time, i probably havent been on that ride since '05 simply because of that wait, and the last time i been on i totally regretted wasting 60 minutes of my life just to get on it.

let me just add.... that stupid magic carpet ride needs to go.. we already have dumbo. i cant wait for this expansion to be completed. even though i think they could have added more, but i think if disney were to do too much at once it would be too much on their plate and other attractions would not get the love they need!!!

WondersOfLife

Original Poster
Oh, I also forgot to add that at least Pirates of the Caribbean is in alot of good condition :)

Although I think all the AA's should be replaced with new versions like Captain Jack. Just my opinion.

TylerFG

It's a shame that the Carousel of Progress hasn't gotten any love lately. It's my all time favorite ride in WDW. (Partly because it's the first ride I've ever done on my first trip.)

plaz10

I'm sure that Disney does not want to close any of the super popular attractions...it can really damper one's vacation if they only visit once a year or is their first visit. On a trip in 2009 or 2010 - Pirates of the Caribbean was going for a month long refurb in the middle of our trip. So we rode it the first few days we were there - the day after it closed, we were in MK and saw a family with matching Tshirts on about riding Pirates of the Caribbean to see Captain Jack or something. Well I'm sure they were quite disappointed to arrive and see it was closed.

I know rides MUST go down for refurbs and many of them need one but to play devils advocate, I think Disney doesn't want to close popular rides because of the backlash from fans. It's quite the double edged sword.

afar28

They have to refurb sometime...Test track will be closed for my vacation :(. Hopefully the new TT will be better, and then I wouldn't mind missing it :)

thelookingglass

I wouldn't say every top attraction is in poor condition, but many are, for example:

Tower of Terror - broken and missing effects, bad audio, bad lighting, overall poor show compared to what it could be and used to be.
Splash Mountain - well known
Dinosaur - well known
Pirates - animatronics in poor condition
Everest - obvious
Soarin' - quality of image is significantly fading.

But thank goodness everything works on The Seas with Nemo and Friends and Journey Into Imagination!

WondersOfLife

Original Poster
Seem to never notice problems when im at disney lol

I guess I've just been on these rides too many times and seem to look for anything I haven't seen. Which would be mostly just maintanence problems. Haha :p

Peter Pan's problem is that the AA's barely move. Like.. AT ALL. And everything is pretty dusty.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom