Attractions based on Saludos Amigos and The Three Caballeros

deltaandthebannermen

Original Poster
What are people's favourite attractions based on these love letters to Latin America?

Who likes the Gran Fiesta Tour (I have to say, I rather enjoyed this one back when I last visited in 2007)?

Anyone met Donald at the Saludos Amigos Greeting Dock in Tokyo DisneySea?

Who has been lucky enough to meet all three Caballeros?

Is Mexico a favourite area of the World Showcase at Epcot?

Which is Mexico's best restaurant there? San Angel Inn? La Cantina? La Hacienda?

jrogue

I absolutely love the Gran Fiesta Tour! I was glad they kept a lot of the native Mexican culture in the ride while seamlessly adding the Three Caballeros. (more specifically -- my family is from Acapulco so I was super excited to see they kept the cliff diver scene!)

I've met Donald in Mexico in Epcot several times, but I've never had the honor of meeting Panchito or Jose. I would really, really like to and wish they always had all three characters available to meet there. Mexico is definitely one of my favorite ares of the World Showcase and La Hacienda de San Angel is one of my favorite restaurants in WDW!

Cmdr_Crimson

The Disney Dreamers Everywhere group that is a Special Event group from Disney has Yaya, Gauchito & Burrito...
285fc4c2b6c106e9ba87b2776211324d.jpg

JIMINYCR

I enjoy the tour as well. Its a nice ride and the animated scenes are fun to watch.
I've met Donald many times around the corner to Mexico. I've never seen the other characters around.
The Mexican Pavilion is one of my favorites. I enjoy the mariachi band featured there, the glass shops and the smaller kiosks featuring Mexican food and candy.
La Hacienda is IMHO much better. Food, service and comfortable seating by far beats out the others.

ShoalFox

In the Parks
Yes
While I was initially upset about El Rio del Tiempo being replaced (I still kind of am), Gran Fiesta Tour has somewhat grown on me especially with the recent addition of the Three Caballeros audio-animatronics at the end of the ride in place of the original animation. Also Mexico is now my favorite WS pavilion by default because it's the only one with a ride at the moment.

And I did visit Tokyo DisneySea, but I didn't see any Caballeros mostly because the day I went had insufferable crowds.

Mickey5150

I love the way Gran Fiesta Tour is now the only thing I wish it has was something telling me what I was seeing. Some sort of sign around each screen saying where they are or even just some words on screen, it doesn't have to be much but I would love to know where it is that I am seeing. China and Canada do an excellent job with their films, describing each location.

JohnWD

image.jpeg
While I was initially upset about El Rio del Tiempo being replaced (I still kind of am), Gran Fiesta Tour has somewhat grown on me especially with the recent addition of the Three Caballeros audio-animatronics at the end of the ride in place of the original animation. Also Mexico is now my favorite WS pavilion by default because it's the only one with a ride at the moment.

And I did visit Tokyo DisneySea, but I didn't see any Caballeros mostly because the day I went had insufferable crowds.
I just saw the 3 Caballeros audio-animatronics and it looked great!!! What a fantastic addition!

fireworksandfairytales

In the Parks
No
I love the Gran Fiesta tour! I think it's such a fun attraction and it never has much of a wait! And I have met all three caballeros! Cinco de Mayo 2013 they were out for Limited Time Magic in Mexico! It was one of the best meet and greets I've ever had! I have a bit of an obsession with Panchito and a few weeks earlier I found a plush version of him at my local Disney Store. I took the plush with me to Epcot that day to show Panchito and he was so excited about it that he got down on one knee and proposed to me! It was such a magical meeting and I'm so happy that I had the chance to see them :)
944976_4871014858115_1602779778_n.jpg
217134_4871010498006_1703725881_n.jpg
I lo

KikoKea

Love the volcano part- it's very well done. The rest of the ride is mostly taking a load off. Wish they would update the screens, at least. San Angel is one of our favorites, even though we've found the food to be Ok, but not great. The atmosphere makes up for it and we simply order something unadventurous that we know will be fine.

ShoalFox

In the Parks
Yes
Love the volcano part- it's very well done. The rest of the ride is mostly taking a load off. Wish they would update the screens, at least. San Angel is one of our favorites, even though we've found the food to be Ok, but not great. The atmosphere makes up for it and we simply order something unadventurous that we know will be fine.
I have a lot of great memories at the Mexico pavilion. Back when the ride was still El Rio del Tiempo, my family would always eat at the restaurant and have a table next to the water. Then two of us would get up from dinner and go on the ride so we could wave at each other. It was such a simple thing, but it was a lot of fun and the backdrop of the ride's opening scene made it that much more memorable.

KikoKea

I have a lot of great memories at the Mexico pavilion. Back when the ride was still El Rio del Tiempo, my family would always eat at the restaurant and have a table next to the water. Then two of us would get up from dinner and go on the ride so we could wave at each other. It was such a simple thing, but it was a lot of fun and the backdrop of the ride's opening scene made it that much more memorable.
We did that with our boys! They finished eating and ran over to the ride, waving like crazy as they floated past. I have their pictures somewhere in 2 big boxes I've yet to organize, although it has been over 10 years.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom