Attraction Posters

mrneon606

Original Poster
I have a quick question about the attraction posters. I ordered some while at the Art of Disney store. I had them shipped home and they just arrived today. When i opened the tube the poster were on 27x36 paper but the actual picture was only about 19x27 with a huge white border around it. Is this a mistake or is this how they come??? It is very misleading when you think you are getting a 27x36 poster but you get this instead. I am really hoping it is some kind of error.

tirian

Yes, that is how they come. This is standard practice in the art print business; a print is sold with the border because people assume that you will matte it before you frame it.

I understand your disappointment. But if it makes you feel any better, the prints look fantastic when they're matted and framed!

maelstrom

Yes, that is how they are supposed to be. Before they started doing print-on-demand, the posters filled up the entire page and were on thick, glossy paper. I have the monorail and Tomorrowland ones like that. I have the Wedway one done in the new style and it isn't as nice.

crassmonkey

Does anyone have any pics of any of these said attration posters?? (specifically Haunted Mansion!)

Sounds like something I will have to get next weekend!

bryPOD

I really want to buy a Jungle Cruise poster for my dad, but the World of Disney Store here in NYC only carries the small size posters and I would love for a full size poster of the attraction.

Any one know where I could order this without flying down to WDW.

NOTE: If I have to fly down, I will, haha...

coasterphil

I'm glad I read this thread because I was getting ready to spend some money on these. If I'm going to have to have them matted because of a huge white border than I'm not interested anymore. I don't have that type of money.

WDWFigment

It depends on what attraction it is, but most of the time they go for about 40-50 bucks. Hope this helps.

It does not depend on what attraction it is, they are all priced the same. I *think* they are about $35 matted. If you don't want to pay a marked up price, order from WDW Mail Order. Call Art of Disney for prices, information about what posters are available: (407) 828-3929 (DtD location)

Shadowdawn

I know this is a late post but I just got back from a day in World of Disney NYC. I bought the small (16x20 I think) attraction poster of Haunted Mansion (so hard not to buy PotC and Jungle Cruise). All of them were $35 and they all came matted (the size is with the matting).

I haven't removed the plastic over it yet because I'm waiting to get it framed but here's a pic.

P1010015.jpg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom