ATTENTION "Main Street USA" (This is for you)

head mouse

Original Poster
Main Street USA said:
Anywho, as soon as that dang mirror comes down can someone please grab a pic? I need to see the castle without that dang thing ASAP. I've forgotten what it looks like. And I'll go ahead and respond with a "very funny, and thanks so much" to the smart who grabs an old pic and shows me. ;)

Ya read my mind. I was going to give you a classic pic of the castle.
castle.jpg

And just for fun...
castle_blueprint.jpg

head mouse

Original Poster
Are you joking??? Seriously, did you mean that?:confused: I only ask because there is no way that could be true.

Um.. I was not joking. Fla is 90% swamp. MK is sitting 14 feet above ground adding weight. It is VERY possible for the ground to sink a foot or 2 over the past 3 decades.

iheartdisney91

any way the castle is beautiful! thanks for the pics very intersting blue print:wave: it would suck if the mirror stayed there perminatley! not that i dont like it or anything i think it'll be good to see the "naked" castle again LOL:sohappy:

DisneyDavO

Um.. I was not joking. Fla is 90% swamp. MK is sitting 14 feet above ground adding weight. It is VERY possible for the ground to sink a foot or 2 over the past 3 decades.
Do the cm's bang thiere heads on the bottom of the castle as they walk through the utillidors?:p

head mouse

Original Poster
Yes,but then the whole property would have sunk, so the castle would still appear to be just as tall.

Not necessarily. There is A LOT of weight in that one spot.

Place different sized and weight items on a piece of foam rubber and see how they react.

Do the cm's bang thiere heads on the bottom of the castle as they walk through the utillidors?

I didn't say the castle sunk into the tunnels. I said the GROUND may have sank some.

Relax people I am not saying the thing is going to fall. I am just pointing out the over time the gorund settles more and buildings sink some.

Captain Hank

I think the illusion of the castle being taller is more a matter of the golden figures messing with the forced prespective used in the castle. Any sinking of the castle would have also caused massive damage to the utilidoors and the systems that run through them. Though sinking of this nature is not unheard of on WDW property, I do not believe that this is the case.

jcowens2000

I seriously doubt the castle is sinking. If you compare the two pictures at the beginning of this thread, you'll find the reason the blue print version appears taller is because it includes the portion of the castle that is under water.

my 2 cents. :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom