Atlantis/Splash Mountain

CinderellaFan

Original Poster
Hi, not sure if i'm posting this in the right section but I was wondering if anyone has been on Journey to Atlantis in Sea World and if you have how would you compare it to Splash Mountain as far as the drops, speed, etc?

Plutoboy

I've been on both and honestly Atlantis doesn't even compare. Splash has several smaller drops along the ride as well but the final one definitely out does Atlantis.

Legacy

Atlantis has three drops. The first is a slightly turning one at the beginning of the ride, the large one, and then a roller-coaster-esque section for the finale. Atlantis markets itself as a water-coaster, that being a roller-coaster with water section (or a flume ride with coaster sections). The coaster aspect is pretty thrilling, and not that intense. The major drop is a bit more intense on Atlantis, but the ride itself isn't as massive as Splash.

Mark_E

The scenery on both rides is amazing. Drop is deffinately better on Atlantis but i like Splash because it is alot longer.

Mark_E

You dont get too wet on the drop but if you are in the front row when you turn the corner and get to where the witch speaks you go down a tiny drop the boat becomes flooded (Especially if there are some real heavy people in the boat).

darthjohnny

The first drop on Atlantis isn't that wet. But the second dip and the third drop gets you soaked, as well as the people who pay a quater to get you wet on those soak machines.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom