Art of Disney

randyortan1

Original Poster
Has anyone ever been in the art of disney shop near downtown disney if so whats it like and have you ever bought anything from there.

Captain Hank

Has anyone ever been in the art of disney shop near downtown disney if so whats it like and have you ever bought anything from there.
I have. It's very nice with lots of displayed works of art (several with many zeroes in their prices). I have purchased a few attraction posters from their Print On Demand kiosk. It's basically a touch screen from which you can order poster prints or prints on canvas, and they'll be printed for you in a fairly short amount of time.

darthjohnny

I have been to both the one in Epcot and one in Downtown Disney.

It's really cool. Lots of great Disney art, including sculptures, paintings, etc....

They also have some "How to Draw" Disney books, some books that deals with the history of Disney and Imagineering books.

I like it, but the art there is really expensive. :)

Launchpad

Account Suspended
It's only the best store in the entire world. I wish I could afford to blow some money there. I really want some of the statues they have. They are under $200 and pretty cheap for what you are getting.

I want to get a lot of the attraction posters. Anyone know how much each option and size costs?

Aurora_25

I have bought a couple of the figurines there, a print on demand picture there and drooled over the other artwork that they display. I know my DH hates it when I walk in there LOL :)

LuvMyMagic

I buy something there ever time I go down. I save up my Disney Visa credit points and then go nuts. They are really good about shipping stuff home.

radiohost

Love going there!!! I love the prints they have of the posters which are located underneath the train station at MK!!

smk

I love the Art of Disney stores. We have several prints framed and hung in our home, one right above my fireplace! We have purchased many things in the store, lucky for me my DH steers me in there everytime we are there. Most of what we own he has picked out, he has great taste! We don't trade pins ( I am so glad I never got hooked on that, I would have taken it to a whole other level!) so we collect Disney artwork and ceramics.

I have a few sales in that store but most of them are from the MGM studios store.I buy 2 cels a year and a nice painting if it catches my eye.
tiggerguy

majortom1981

hmm

I havent been to the ones in disney world but Ithe world of disney store has an art section with cells and stuff to buy.

Some of theme are realoly expensive but some of the figures and models are cool.

They had this cool poster , I think it had an unconstructed castle with mickey and walt disney superimposed onto the site holding hands .

I went back 2 weeks later and they had no more left and i couldnt even find the example poster there any more.

Miss Bell

I actually like the one at MGM the best, with the one at Epcot as my second favorite. I have spent more than my share of money at Art of Disney. :)

I don't if this is true at all of them, but at MGM they can print up old attraction posters.

Amps

Please post some exaples of the attraction posters. That sounds absolutely perfect for my taste. I spend about 40mins in the store at DTD last May and didn't see that kiosk but I did spend a lot of time admiring the amazing full size prints and original artwork. I was very close to comming home with $150 Kermit statue but had already bought the Jedi Mickey one and couldn't carry both home.

If anyone has pics of what the posters looked like framed that would be awesome!

phichi17

Most dangerous store. Ever.:D

My wife and I cannot go to WDW without visiting at least one of those stores and leaving it lighter in the wallet, they have such great stuff!

My Husband and I came home with a couple of the animator drawn sketches.. We are hoping to get more and possibly a cel this year. The paintings are just gorgeous, although way out of our price range... I could spend a LOT of time in the Art of Disney stores....

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
I have gotten a few things there like animation cells, big figures, posters etc. My wife and I often joke that if we ever won the lottery we could easily drop close to six figures in that store.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom