Arriving really close to 10pm, should I put magical express tags on or not?

musketeer

This will be the first time I've arrived in orlando after 10pm, so I'm not exactly sure how the magical express works. The reason for my question is, what happens if the flight is early? I know that I'm supposed to get my luggage myself after 10pm, and the flight is scheduled to land shortly after 10pm...but what if it gets there early, should I go wait for the bags or if we are early, might they be intercepted before making it to the carousel.

Or should I not put the tags on at all? My concern is that I'm standing there at the carousel waiting and waiting and waiting only to find that they are already on their way because we arrived early.

And while I'm asking questions, even if we do arrive after 10, and I have to get my luggage...does it still get taken to my room, or do I have to take it the whole way myself? Which would make putting the tags on the luggage completely pointless.

minniemickeyfan

If I was arriving close to 10pm regardless, I wouldn't put the tags on and instead I would retrieve the luggage myself. I wouldn't want to wait 2-3 hours for it to arrive to my room.
If you do get your luggage yourself, you would just take it with you and the ME driver will put it under the bus for you, Done this several times. Have a magical trip!

Upvote 0

PrincessNelly_NJ

I wouldn't risk putting the tags on. Picking up your bags on the way to magical express is really easy. We picked up our luggage for the first time and I think I may just do that from now on. It was nice to have my bags immediately. Safe Travels!

Upvote 0

musketeer

Original Poster
If you do get your luggage yourself, you would just take it with you and the ME driver will put it under the bus for you, Done this several times. Have a magical trip!

Thanks for the reply, one other question though. If I do get there after 10, and I do get the luggage myself and give it to the driver, do I have to take it to my room or will it be delivered there? On the one hand, I'm worried about having to haul luggage and two 4 1/2 year olds who have been up WAY past their bedtime, so having it delivered to my room would be nice.

But on the other hand...yeah, I hadn't thought that I might not get it til much later.

Upvote 0

gjpjtj

While on this topic, I haven't used ME in years, (we have been driving), however travelling solo in January. I would rather get my bags myself, so the tags your speaking of are special ME tags? (these are different than the tags you often get with a WDW package?) And if I don't put them on I can just get my bags myself, correct?

Upvote 0

Tuvalu

Premium Member
While on this topic, I haven't used ME in years, (we have been driving), however travelling solo in January. I would rather get my bags myself, so the tags your speaking of are special ME tags? (these are different than the tags you often get with a WDW package?) And if I don't put them on I can just get my bags myself, correct?
Do not put on the ME tags and you can retrieve your own bags.

Upvote 0

kasey1988

If you arrive after 10pm you have to retrieve your own bags and taken them to the magical express bus yourself, they don't offer luggage service after 10pm anymore. don't use the tags and pick up your bags at baggage claim. You can confirm this when you call to add your flight info.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom