Arriving a Day before our friends, do I need to add them to our room ressie for FP+?

kverdon

Original Poster
We are traveling to WDW in Aug with some good friends. We arrive a day before they do. We are all linked together for plans in My Disney Experience. Will I be able to make FP+ plans for all of us on the 60 day mark for us or will I have to add them to our room reservation for the day? Kidanni Studio sleeps 5 I believe so that could work. An extra day can make a difference for FOP FP.

Thanks,

Kevin and Mona

nickys

Premium Member
Is this a package or room-only?

If you and your friends have a package, then their tickets will not be valid until 60 days before they arrive, no matter what you do. So you'll have to wait the extra day to book their FPs.

If however they have a room-only bookimg (whether direct with Disney or renting points through an owner/broker), then as long as they are linked to you in MDE then you can start bookimg their FPs with yours. The only stipulation here is that one of you will have to be bookimg the same FP as them.

kverdon

Original Poster
Yes they are both Room Only Ressies. (Us Pay, them DVC). So even though their DVC starts a day after we check in, we should be able to book Fp+ for all of us when our 60 day window opens? And yes, we will be booking the same times.

nickys

Premium Member
Yes they are both Room Only Ressies. (Us Pay, them DVC). So even though their DVC starts a day after we check in, we should be able to book Fp+ for all of us when our 60 day window opens? And yes, we will be booking the same times.

Yep. As long as you're linked as friends and family. :)

Rob562

While your question has been answered, I thought I'd chime in for anyone else coming into this conversation to *strongly* advise against adding them to your room reservation when they already have a second one.

Two simultaneous room reservations for one person is just asking for problems with MagicBands, room access, charging accounts, duplicate profiles, etc. (I was advised against it by the Help Desk when I called to ask how to handle a friend who had a reservation of his own at one of the All-Stars that overlapped the first couple days with our two-bedroom reservation at Saratoga. He was going to move into the second bedroom partway through our reservation when the friends who were in that bedroom the first few nights left. He ended up creating a dummy second account with his work email just for that All-Star reservation, knowing that the Band on that account would be useless after that stay)

While there may be no problems at all, with all the quirks of the MDE system you're just as likely to end up at Guest Services for an hour straightening things out.

-Rob

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom