arrest at EPCOT

dopeylove

Original Poster
On our way out of EPCOT today, around 6:55PM, dude was being handcuffed behind the ticket booths and taken away by sheriff. Dudette was crying in front of ticket booth. Anyone know what happened?

mkt

Disney's Favorite Scumbag™
Premium Member
dudette... I have not heard that word in a long time

Anyway, it's not that uncommon for people to get arrested at a Disney theme park. I've seen it happen on more than one occasion, for the same reason that one gets arrested outside of WDW. Without any knowledge, I'll assume it was some sort of property crime, since that's what Disney's most known for pursuing criminal charges for.

GymLeaderPhil

Was this the dude?

crushgudesmarlineanddoryintheeacaod.jpg

primetime52

It's amazing how some people can't find a way to behave and abide by the law even when they are spending a day in the Most Magical Place on Earth! I can't imagine the kinds of things this "dude" must do when he's not in WDW.... :shrug:

Philo

Was the dudette crying because her dude had been arrested or because she wasn't going to get into Epcot?

Rabflmom

On our way out of EPCOT today, around 6:55PM, dude was being handcuffed behind the ticket booths and taken away by sheriff. Dudette was crying in front of ticket booth. Anyone know what happened?>>>>>

Probably drank too much and got out of hand.

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
On our way out of EPCOT today, around 6:55PM, dude was being handcuffed behind the ticket booths and taken away by sheriff. Dudette was crying in front of ticket booth. Anyone know what happened?

Probably drank too much and got out of hand.

I doubt that as it would imply some culpability of Disney, as they probably sold him the alcohol. My guess would be shoplifting.

Rabflmom

I doubt that as it would imply some culpability of Disney, as they probably sold him the alcohol. My guess would be shoplifting.

Actually it does happen, but usually it is when they shut someone off. The person gets unruly because how dare some young CM have the audacity to tell them they have had too much. I have even heard of a case of child neglect on the parents who had no idea where there youngsters were while they were drinking the day away as" lost parents".

They will even follow up shoplifting after a group of High schoolers leave. Once on a field trip from a local school some girls were caught stealing( there is no such thing as shop lifting) in one of the shops , Disney contacted the school the day after the field trip and sent a copy of the tapes showing them stealing in the shop. They were charged and banned from future entrance into the park.

Scooter

They will even follow up shoplifting after a group of High schoolers leave. Once on a field trip from a local school some girls were caught stealing( there is no such thing as shop lifting) in one of the shops , Disney contacted the school the day after the field trip and sent a copy of the tapes showing them stealing in the shop. They were charged and banned from future entrance into the park.

We didn't call it shoplifting OR stealing.

We called it a five finger discount:p

DizneyPryncess

I've heard many stories of people getting removed from the park for being too drunk. It's the whole "drinking around the world" thing that gets some people. ;)

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
I saw the cuffing and stuffing on my way out of Epcot as well yesterday. Unfortunately I do not have much more insight to the situation but judging by the demeanor of the cuffie the theory of a little too much World Showcase fun would seem to be correct.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom