Are we linked for Fast Pass+?

Betsyboo

Original Poster
So we are getting closer to our 60 day date for making our FP+ selections. I know it's important that everyone is all linked up in MDE to make everything work. I see my tickets (part of a package) and my husband is part of My Family but should I see his tickets too? When I click on his name I see everything else (dining and resort) but not the tickets. Can someone help? Thanks.

StarWarsGirl

So we are getting closer to our 60 day date for making our FP+ selections. I know it's important that everyone is all linked up in MDE to make everything work. I see my tickets (part of a package) and my husband is part of My Family but should I see his tickets too? When I click on his name I see everything else (dining and resort) but not the tickets. Can someone help? Thanks.
Go to the homepage. Log in if necessary. Go to your friends and family list.
Instructionsforticketlinking1.jpg

Then click Edit next to your husband's name

Instructionsforticketlinking2.jpg

After that, scroll down to his reservations. You should see this:
Instructionsforticketlinking3.JPG

If you don't, you will need to relink his ticket. If you have the number to do that, go to your Magic Bands page and click link a Magic Band or Card. Enter the number, and select your husband as the correct guest.
If you have problems or do not have the number to relink the ticket, call Disney.
BTW, when you call Disney, you will get their automated system
admiral_ackbar_says_its_a_trap.jpg

Just say "representative" and they should be able to get you with someone right away. Otherwise you will go through a long game of charades before you finally get Disney.

Have a great trip!

JohnD

While you may have added your husband as "family" from your account, have you created separate accounts for both you and your husband? Log into each and add your tickets with the number associated with each ticket. Either type it in on desktop or scan barcode with MDE app on your mobile device.

Betsyboo

Original Poster
Go to the homepage. Log in if necessary. Go to your friends and family list.
View attachment 40814
Then click Edit next to your husband's name

View attachment 40815

After that, scroll down to his reservations. You should see this:
View attachment 40816
If you don't, you will need to relink his ticket. If you have the number to do that, go to your Magic Bands page and click link a Magic Band or Card. Enter the number, and select your husband as the correct guest.
If you have problems or do not have the number to relink the ticket, call Disney.
BTW, when you call Disney, you will get their automated system
admiral_ackbar_says_its_a_trap.jpg

Just say "representative" and they should be able to get you with someone right away. Otherwise you will go through a long game of charades before you finally get Disney.

Have a great trip!
Thanks. I'm not seeing exactly what you show. I can see his Magic Band though and we've customized them. I guess I need to call?

While you may have added your husband as "family" from your account, have you created separate accounts for both you and your husband? Log into each and add your tickets with the number associated with each ticket. Either type it in on desktop or scan barcode with MDE app on your mobile device.
We do have separate accounts. I get a message when trying to enter the confirmation number that it has already been added to his account.

I'd just like to get this figured out before my "big day". LOL Thanks for your responses.

Betsyboo

Original Poster
Ok, I think I got it. I can now see both of our tickets and all of our reservations. Seems as though his sharing boxes weren't checked on his account. I think (fingers crossed) we are good to go.

disney4life2008

How does this work if you are traveling with a large group (lets say 20 college students)? Everyone has to be linked in order to get a FP+ time?

StarWarsGirl

Ok, I think I got it. I can now see both of our tickets and all of our reservations. Seems as though his sharing boxes weren't checked on his account. I think (fingers crossed) we are good to go.
Yup, as long as you are set to plan and share, you should be good. I was able to make reservations on for my family on my account and they can make them for me.

StarWarsGirl

How does this work if you are traveling with a large group (lets say 20 college students)? Everyone has to be linked in order to get a FP+ time?
If you plan on using FP+, yes, you should have everyone linked.

Are you planning on staying together the whole day or breaking off? If you are breaking off, I would have them choose groups in advance and put one person in charge of each group for making all FP+ reservations for their group. The way you do it is that you are given a block of times and everyone is assigned those times, and then you can manually change them. So for example if I select BTM, Space Mountain, and Splash Mountain, I could be given a choice of time blocks, like BTM 12-1, Space 4:10-5:10, and Splash 6:30-7:30, but if I wanted to ride Splash earlier or if it conflicted with an ADR, I can change it after the fact without changing the other times. So if a time were available from 2-3 on Splash, I could take it and my other times would not be affected. But this guarantees that those who want to ride together will ride together. Just let them link their accounts. When they make FP reservations, they can choose manually people who will share that FP time, so the whole group does not have to go together

disney4life2008

If you plan on using FP+, yes, you should have everyone linked.

Are you planning on staying together the whole day or breaking off? If you are breaking off, I would have them choose groups in advance and put one person in charge of each group for making all FP+ reservations for their group. The way you do it is that you are given a block of times and everyone is assigned those times, and then you can manually change them. So for example if I select BTM, Space Mountain, and Splash Mountain, I could be given a choice of time blocks, like BTM 12-1, Space 4:10-5:10, and Splash 6:30-7:30, but if I wanted to ride Splash earlier or if it conflicted with an ADR, I can change it after the fact without changing the other times. So if a time were available from 2-3 on Splash, I could take it and my other times would not be affected. But this guarantees that those who want to ride together will ride together. Just let them link their accounts. When they make FP reservations, they can choose manually people who will share that FP time, so the whole group does not have to go together

Man that is complicated. A group of my frat bros are discussing a trip to WDW in late 2014 but none of them have knowledge of WDW whatsoever. Planning FP+ seems it could be a nightmare.

StarWarsGirl

Man that is complicated. A group of my frat bros are discussing a trip to WDW in late 2014 but none of them have knowledge of WDW whatsoever. Planning FP+ seems it could be a nightmare.
If you show them how to do it, you should be good. Your only other option would be to organize them into groups and have the group submit 3 rides and you register them. Seems like a lot of work for you, though.

dreamfinder

They would not be interested - I am the planner, lol.

If you hold the reservations in your name, then you should be able to create what are essentially dummy accounts, and do most of the planning for them. At some point in the process you can have them sign up and convert those dummy accounts to real accounts, but keep in mind that doing so will let them modify the reservations for everyone in your group. That's one of my biggest peeves with this whole thing is that your friends can change your reservations, so they could mess stuff up on accident.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom