Are we expecting too much by trying for "normalcy"?

eliza61nyc

Original Poster
So this is one of those very general, hypothetical question but it popped in my head after talking in the back to school thread.

As time goes by one word that is popping up more and more is "normalcy". We want the kids to get back to school as "normal", we want Disneyworld to operate as "normal" and the list goes on.

Interestingly enough around a month ago I think I accepted the fact that life is not going to be "normal" for quite a while and my stress level went down. I had been hoping that by summer covid would be a blip and my life would be back to "normal".

How is everyone else going forward?

MinnieM123

Premium Member
So this is one of those very general, hypothetical question but it popped in my head after talking in the back to school thread.

As time goes by one word that is popping up more and more is "normalcy". We want the kids to get back to school as "normal", we want Disneyworld to operate as "normal" and the list goes on.

Interestingly enough around a month ago I think I accepted the fact that life is not going to be "normal" for quite a while and my stress level went down. I had been hoping that by summer covid would be a blip and my life would be back to "normal".

How is everyone else going forward?

This will be different for everyone's own situation. For me, I'm just taking things a day at a time, and keeping up with the latest medical news. Luckily, I'm the patient type, and I've sort of resigned myself to the fact that "normal" will take quite a while longer to achieve. I'm assuming there will be a number of starts and stops over the next year or even two, but eventually things will calm down.

5thGenTexan

I have accepted that life before Covid is a thing of the past. I don't think the plastic dividers are coming down. I think there will be times when certain areas will recommend everyone wear a mask, and more to that point I think there will be people that will continue to wear a mask from now on. Masks are now part of life. Many businesses will find its in their financial interests to have people work from home. Owning on leasing office buildings is expensive. In many cases there will be no reason for business travel. Its safer and cheaper for people to have meetings online. As time goes on, more places will have automatic doors so people don't have to touch doors to enter or exit. It may come to a point where people don't touch anything except their personal belongings. Etc, etc, etc...

The "normal" we knew is a thing of a past. Think for a minute about life before 9/11 and the permanent changes that arose from that event.

Brer Oswald

Not touching doors or other places of possible contact has been a huge part of my life for as long as I can remember. If all surfaces no longer need to be touched, that takes a lot of my daily stress away.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom