Are they giving out the bands at the hotel too?

lostpro9het

Original Poster
We are set to arrive on October 1 at AKL(4 nights), which seems to be a test site. I believe since our linked APs expire on Sept 30 we haven't been asked to test. We have been constantly prompted to link our tickets when we log into MDE even though our APs are already linked. I was just curious if when we arrive and renew our AP's would we get a band.

Minthorne

I believe you'll get a band that opens your room/does room charges when you check in. Once you renew the AP you can associate it to your band on the MDE app (or they can)

StingraySam

When I made my reservation last week I and linked it to MDE I was able to customize our MagicBands. I couldn't schedule any FastPass+ times until I linked my passes though.

cinderellafan6

I had the same question..I have the old seasonal passes and not going to update them until we get there. So we wont be able to pick fastpass+ until we link our new tickets???????

ratherbeinwdw

The Disney site now says that your AP becomes active on the date of purchase. It used to be when you turned in your certificate to get your pass. Does anyone know if that's accurate? I wanted to purchase them now, but we won't be going until November. Does the time start as soon as I pay or when we turn in the eCertificate?

lostpro9het

Original Poster
Looks like I should have waited three days, got the email this evening asking me to participate. Just finished customizing our bands.

I had the same question..I have the old seasonal passes and not going to update them until we get there. So we wont be able to pick fastpass+ until we link our new tickets???????

Well, it looks like you can get the bands but it won't allow me to add any FP+ reservations yet. I wasn't sure if was because our APs will be expired or the system is acting up. Could be both since right after we customized the bands none of my 10+ ADRs or two resort stays we're showing up under the "my reservation" tab. About an hour later all my reservation appeared again but still no FP+ action, I get a message saying my stay isn't during the FP+ window.

Here is the screen I get right now
4fcd69288ef0e3f8853c0d6efca743ee.jpg

Last edited:

RandomPrincess

Keep Moving Forward
Looks like I should have waited three days, got the email this evening asking me to participate. Just finished customizing our bands.

Well, it looks like you can get the bands but it won't allow me to add any FP+ reservations yet. I wasn't sure if was because our APs will be expired or the system is acting up. Could be both since right after we customized the bands none of my 10+ ADRs or two resort stays we're showing up under the "my reservation" tab. About an hour later all my reservation appeared again but still no FP+ action, I get a message saying my stay isn't during the FP+ window.

Here is the screen I get right now
4fcd69288ef0e3f8853c0d6efca743ee.jpg
You have to have valid tickets on file to use FP+. You might need to link your ADRs if you haven't done it before.

lostpro9het

Original Poster
You have to have valid tickets on file to use FP+. You might need to link your ADRs if you haven't done it before.
All ADRs linked along with all APs and resort stays. I'm gonna call this week to see if we renew over the phone will the expiration date be extnded right then or I will we have to wait until we arrive.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom