Are these "Hidden Gems" still there?

I_heart_Tigger

Original Poster
For all of you frequent and recent WDW travelers. I'm going in April with two of my girlfriends who have never been before and wanted to show them some of the little details that I used to love.

Honestly on my last few trips I haven't really looked for them and knowing how often things can change they may be gone.

Just wondering if anyone can confirm or deny the continued existance of the following:

1. The parcel addressed to Mr. Banks in the Toy Store at the UK Pavilion
2. The sound of the dance lessons going on in the room when you go down the little alley on the right of Main Street USA
3. The phone booth in Tomorrowland where you can hear messages
4. The talking fountains at Epcot
5. The talking garbage can in the Electric Umbrella
6. Fuse box in TOT queue (don't think it was working last time I checked several years ago now - you could pull it but it didn't make a noise)
7. Dog in Honey I Shrunk set sniffing
8. Crates and ropes outside Indiana Jones

I don't know much in Animal Kingdom. I thought of picking up the Hidden Magic book but just want a few things that I remembered liking as a kid to show them.

If you have any other fun suggestions that I can show them let me know.

MarkTwain

I'm not sure about most of these, but I marked a few that I've personally seen in the past year. :)

For all of you frequent and recent WDW travelers. I'm going in April with two of my girlfriends who have never been before and wanted to show them some of the little details that I used to love.

Honestly on my last few trips I haven't really looked for them and knowing how often things can change they may be gone.

Just wondering if anyone can confirm or deny the continued existance of the following:

1. The parcel addressed to Mr. Banks in the Toy Store at the UK Pavilion
2. The sound of the dance lessons going on in the room when you go down the little alley on the right of Main Street USA
3. The phone booth in Tomorrowland where you can hear messages Still there
4. The talking fountains at Epcot
5. The talking garbage can in the Electric Umbrella
6. Fuse box in TOT queue (don't think it was working last time I checked several years ago now - you could pull it but it didn't make a noise)
7. Dog in Honey I Shrunk set sniffing
8. Crates and ropes outside Indiana Jones Still there

I don't know much in Animal Kingdom. I thought of picking up the Hidden Magic book but just want a few things that I remembered liking as a kid to show them.

If you have any other fun suggestions that I can show them let me know.

Emyli Mouse

The Main Street USA one is still there, but I thought it was singing lessons? I'm pretty sure you can hear a party line conversation as well. I might be wrong. Also, take a big sniff on main street. If you smell chocolate chip cookies, they pump the scent in from the Utilidors. Have fun!

graphite1326

The Main Street USA one is still there, but I thought it was singing lessons? I'm pretty sure you can hear a party line conversation as well. I might be wrong. Also, take a big sniff on main street. If you smell chocolate chip cookies, they pump the scent in from the Utilidors. Have fun!

Just want to correct you on the Chocolate chip pump. I took the KTTK tour and was showed the pump that was used. They don't use it anymore.

EaglesfanNJ

Don't forget about the Chapeu phone, that was still there my last trip in October, albeit not working well.. Up the ramp to where they do the embroidering, to the right of the door leading outside. Pick it up and you can hear a conversation.

Rasvar

I don't think the talking water fountains in EPCOT have talked in sometime. However, i have not checked recently.

SulleyanBoo

I can 150% vouch for the talking trash can in The Electric Umbrella.

It is where I worked during my college program just last year.

People went nuts over that thing!

If I remember correctly they had one roaming around Tomorrowland as well.

Figment82

If you find that the talking trash can in Electric Umbrella isn't working, you may just need to plug it in. I've had to do that few times. :)

Rasvar

I would like to know this too. I havent ever taken the time to look fr it.

I'm pretty sure those might have been pulled out to reduce congestion and increase the stroller parking area used by TTA and Buzz. Otherwise, if they are still there, they were in the area near the Lunching Pad.

Rasvar

If you find that the talking trash can in Electric Umbrella isn't working, you may just need to plug it in. I've had to do that few times. :)

Hah! I'll have to check in a couple of weeks. My favorite trash can is the one that wanders around Tomorrowland, though.

I_heart_Tigger

Original Poster
Thanks for the help. I really hope we get to see "Push" the garbage can that roams around. I would love to see my friends faces when I walk over and introduce them. My niece met him a few years back...I brought her over and said, "Push" this is my niece and he pretended that he had known me for years and said I looked great and chatted with her for a while.

She said later, "You have the strangest friends" :lol:

CThaddeus

Push, the talking garbage can, seems to appear at most of the Parks at one time or another. I've seen him at Animal Kingdom in Conservation Station, as well as Tomorrowland.
Another similar character is Wes Palm. It's the same idea as Push, but Wes is, naturally a potted palm tree...on wheels. I've run into it twice at the turnstiles of Animal Kingdom. Then again, that was back in 2006-2007, so they might not be doing it anymore.

Susan Savia

We've been back from WDW for a few days now. We saw the talking trash can in Tomorrowland. My son (he's 25) and I purposely walked thru the Honey I Shrunk the Kids site looking for the dogs nose that sniffs and could not find it.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom