Are the crowd calendars accurate?

rufio

I have a subscription to touringplans.com and have always used their crowd calendar. However, I just did a google search for "WDW crowd calendars" and found several others that are completely contradictory. Here are the ones I found:

Touring Plans

Undercover Tourist

Easy WDW

Dad's Guide to WDW (doesn't even give individual parks)

So what are your thoughts? Which would you use to plan your trip by?

Weather_Lady

I can't say which crowd calendar is most accurate, but I do trust the "touring plans.com" data that indicates that the crowd level (except when it's at the absolute lowest or absolute highest) has minimal impact on wait times, so long as you're following a sensible touring plan.

That being said, I think each of the sites you mentioned uses their own data and methodology --some give more weight to historical crowd levels, others to park/EMH schedules, and one confesses to relying on his gut feelings and intuition. I tend to favor "touringplans.com," but that's just because my inner scientist loves numbers, graphs, and playing with data. : )

Upvote 0

PolynesianPrincess

We've used Touring Plans in the past and always found it to be relatively on point or roughly on point. We went in November and they predicted a Saturday to be a 10 at MK and sure enough it was packed. then they predicted a 1 at MK on Monday and sure enough, it was empty. Did everything we wanted to and then some before we left at 1:30pm.

Upvote 0

wrblplayas

I also subscribed to touring plans. Myself and my family are going from June 17 to June 23 and going by their calendar lines should be in the 6-7 out of 10 which is fantastic.

We went 2 years ago in Mid-July
and lines were 9 to 10 each day at all parks.

Anyone go around that time in June and does that sound accurate?

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom