Are magic bands necessary?

hbknewman36

Original Poster
Going on this honeymoon in May to the World. Do we need to have magic bands? With the whole boarding groups used in Rise of the Resistance and Mickeys runaway railway opening in March, is it necessary to have so we have a chance if this practice is still being used when we go? Or will the app be sufficient enough. Thanks in advance guys and gals!

Queen of the WDW Scene

In the Parks
No
Magic bands are not required for what you're asking about.
You can use a regular plastic ticket if you wish. However some things like photos/videos for certain rides will only show up in your MDE if you have a magic band as it has long range RFID.

Are you staying onsite? If so you will receive them as part of your room reservation anyways.

I personally like magic bands since I don't have to pull out a plastic ticket when entering the parks, entering the FP line etc.

hbknewman36

Original Poster
We are looking at staying offsite. I just wasnt sure if it was required or not. Personally idc and the last time I went we got paper fps. Not fully sure how to book them but I know I can reserve 30 days before I leave.
With just using the ticket, do I have to use both for our fps? Meaning when I set one, is it hers and mine, one both tickets or just on one?

Queen of the WDW Scene

In the Parks
No
We are looking at staying offsite. I just wasnt sure if it was required or not. Personally idc and the last time I went we got paper fps. Not fully sure how to book them but I know I can reserve 30 days before I leave.
With just using the ticket, do I have to use both for our fps? Meaning when I set one, is it hers and mine, one both tickets or just on one?
You book fastpasses by having tickets and using the website or app.
You will choose the people you are getting the fastpass for. At the parks you will each need to tap your own park tickets or magic bands to enter the fastpass line.

Jon81uk

The plastic tickets will do everything you need for redeeming fastpass+.

If you are getting Memory Maker for PhotoPass then you might want at least one band in your group as there are some ride photos and videos that you can only get through the long-range RFID automagically linking them. If you aren't interested in getting the few ride photos that are only available through auto-linking then don't worry about MagicBands and spend the $15 on something more exciting.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom