Are lines really that long?

Ralphlaw

Original Poster
So, having some Wurthercorn at the Epcot German pavilion, I struck up a conversation with a wonderful Asian couple having a bratwurst and beer. They said the lines at Tokyo Disneyland are very long, far worse than our Orlando lines. Is this true?

BrianLo

So, having some Wurthercorn at the Epcot German pavilion, I struck up a conversation with a wonderful Asian couple having a bratwurst and beer. They said the lines at Tokyo Disneyland are very long, far worse than our Orlando lines. Is this true?

There tends to be a little more crowd variability in Tokyo, whereas I feel like the North American parks have evened out attendance to the point where they are always at least somewhat busy.

So vacation periods, summers, holidays can be quite overcrowded. But there are also days when the parks are practically empty.

The other factor is that their secondary park is just as robust as the castle park. Whereas at WDW one of the parks is usually limping along at any given moment. In DLR, DCA is usually pleasant even when DL is a mess.

In this case Epcot is limping along so I have no doubt the couple thinks Tokyo is worse. On the average annual balance of things it's not usually worse than Magic Kingdom.

BasiltheBatLord

TDR also seems to have more lines for more different things. A classic example is the popcorn stands, you can often expect to wait anywhere from 15-45 mins just for popcorn depending on crowd level. I also recall seeing queued lines out the door just to get into some shops.

Disneysea05

In the Parks
Yes
Depends on the time of year. I'm here at Tokyo Disney right now and it's not been bad. January Is their slowest month.

If you go during Golden Week or any other national holiday, it will be terrible. REALLY terrible. I have not experienced that and have no plans to.

The_Mesh_Hatter

I’ve neen once myself but I got super lucky with crowds. We went in the later half of July, 5 years ago. It was hot, humid, and uncomfortable, but all the waits were surprisingly manageable. We even “walked on” Pooh’s Hunny Hunt in the middle of the day while a parade was going on. We went on it twice in 20 minutes, which is something all my reading convinced me was unheard of.

So it’s definitely not jam packed ALL the time. Just so your research

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom