Are ILL and Genie+ two separate things?

DavidDL

Original Poster
Hi all!

Heading to WDW soon.. so question time. If I purchase an Individual Lightning Lane for something (let's say Rise of the Resistance in this example) at 7am, am I still allowed to make a Genie+ reservation for a separate attraction (like Tower of Terror)? Or does me holding that initial Individual Lightning Lane reservation prevent me from booking a secondary Genie+ reservation?

Thanks in advance!

CaptainAmerica

You use Genie+ to make Lightning Lane reservations for Genie+ attractions.

You make Individual Lightning Lane selections separately from Genie+.

They are not connected. You can book one without the other, or neither, or both.

DavidDL

Original Poster
You use Genie+ to make Lightning Lane reservations for Genie+ attractions.

You make Individual Lightning Lane selections separately from Genie+.

They are not connected. You can book one without the other, or neither, or both.

Thank you so much for the answer!

MickeyLuv'r

Well, they are sorta connected in the sense that both are bought through My Disney Experience.

There is sorta three layers actually. My Genie Day is free, it gives suggestions and that's what you use to find which attraction passes you want to buy. It shows you (if you trust Genie) the approximate wait time for each attraction.

A few top attractions in each park are ILL. You pay about $15 each/person for those if you want the short wait, but the cost varies depending on crowd/attraction appeal. THESE often sell out for the entire day by 7:01am. You can buy up to TWO ILL's per day. They can be in any park, but if they are not in your starting park (where you have a reservation) you can't hop until 2pm or later.

The next tier of attractions is included with Genie+. You pay $15/day/person, and it includes many attractions per park. Like Splash, Big Thunder Peter Pan, Buzz, Jungle Cruise, etc.

You can buy both G+ and the 2 ILL's. I think if you buy G+, it is good all day, even if you park hop.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom