April 2-10, 2011 Crowd Levels?

Honest John

We've taken trips to WDW in December, February, and late August, so we're familiar with the crowd levels then. In 2011, however, we're planning on going April 2nd through the 10th. In 2011, Easter is on April 24th. Any idea what the crowd levels are like in early April when Easter is in late April? Most of the published crowd calendars like TouringPlans.com don't go out beyond a calendar year but our group would need to start making arrangements for this trip now.

My gut tells me this might be a good week because it's late for college spring breaks, which are usually the end of February through March. East coast high school spring breaks are often the third week of April (April 18-22). Easter crowds shouldn't really be showing up until that week too.

So, I think April 2-10 should be a quiet week. Anyone been to WDW during early April when Easter was in late April, and can give a report on the crowd levels?

ILDisneyFan

As I've said many times before Walt Disney World is ALWAYS crowded no matter what time of the year you go. The old days when the crowds were very light no longer exist...

Upvote 0

MissingDisney

Beginning in 2010-2011, many northern state school districts (our entire county is involved) have changed spring break to the first week of April for years to come, regardless of Easter. I would think that would definitely make for more crowds that week. I already know of several families planning trips for that week and happy as they can still be home for Easter.

Upvote 0

mls

I'll be there..

along with 9 family members. :wave: I was wondering the same. That's when our school break is in Michigan (I'm a teacher, so I have to vacation when they say so). I thought I heard Georgia was around that time too, but don't quote me on it.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom