AP voucher/activation, MagicBands, FP+, and MDE questions

gooftroop5

Original Poster
I have looked and can't find the info I am needing so maybe one of you can help me. This summer will be our first trip using MagicBands. I have purchased APs for our upcoming trip. I know in the past you took your AP voucher to either a park or DTD and exchanged it for your actual AP and it was activated that day. I also know that I can enter the voucher numbers into our MDE account so it is linked to our room ressies. Here are my questions....

1. Do I still have to go to a park or DTD to have the vouchers activated?
2. I'm assuming once I get the voucher linked to our room ressies (onsite) that we will have a 60-day FP+ window? And if not will they be activated on the day we first use them or when we check in?
3. Do we need to do anything special to get our room and APs linked to the same MagicBand?

TIA!

Rob562

1) Yes, you still have to go to Guest Relations to activate your AP. There's information that GR has to enter into the admission ticket system (name, address, etc) before it's active.

2) As far as I've heard, you can link the AP voucher to your MDE profile. Once you have both the AP and hotel reservation linked, you'll have the 60-day FP+ window.

3) Nothing is actually linked to the Band. Instead, everything (hotel reservation, Magic Band, AP/park ticket) points to your MDE profile. Each aspect then talks to the others through your profile. The Band just tells the system where to find "you" when you scan it at a reader.

Also, once you activate your AP you'll actually get to customize a second set of Bands. This will show up in MDE under Magic Band orders. This Band will have to ship to your home address and thus won't be available to use on your current trip, but all Bands linked to you (the one from this trip, your AP Band, and any future Bands) can be used interchangeably.

-Rob

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom