AP Rates available for Marathon Weekend

Fievel

RunDisney Addict
Original Poster
We recently booked our Hotel for Marathon Weekend. (Port Orleans - Riverside), and we were able to take advantage of Annual Passholder savings.

The lady on the phone stated that Pop Century did not have any rooms available at a discount, but that other resorts still had openings.

So AP Holders/Runners....there you go! Free dining was blacked out during that weekend, but we got this instead.

minniemickeyfan

I was able to book Pop for Jan 2-Jan 8 and did maybe a month ago when they were first released for AP. Maybe Pop has sold out? But yeah, I would have taken the free dining if they had it.

Edit: Just checked my dates on the passholder site and a preferred pool view room is still available at the AP discount.

Disney Dawg88

We recently booked our Hotel for Marathon Weekend. (Port Orleans - Riverside), and we were able to take advantage of Annual Passholder savings.

The lady on the phone stated that Pop Century did not have any rooms available at a discount, but that other resorts still had openings.

So AP Holders/Runners....there you go! Free dining was blacked out during that weekend, but we got this instead.

I'm just curious, what kind of rates did you get? I'm an AP holder and I'm about to sign up for the race and start looking at hotels or stay at WDW. I have a ton of hotel points from traveling all the time for work, but it takes a ton of points to stay at hotels close to WDW so I would rather not use them. Port Orleans would probably be my first choice as I can walk to the start line and not have to deal with trying to park at Epcot. I have no preference on the room type either. I'm just curious what you were able to get . . . and hopefully this is an allowed question for the board, if not I apologize. Thanks!

Disney Dawg88

We received 35% off the rack rate.

Thanks for replying . . . however I have no idea what rack rate is. I've stayed at WDW resorts two times for the marathon and we had booked them through a marathon tour company. So I have absolutely no idea any of the verbage or Disney hotel lingo. Could you just post $109 a night or whatever?

ddbowdoin

Thanks for replying . . . however I have no idea what rack rate is. I've stayed at WDW resorts two times for the marathon and we had booked them through a marathon tour company. So I have absolutely no idea any of the verbage or Disney hotel lingo. Could you just post $109 a night or whatever?

"Rack Rate" is the 100% full price of a room and is insane... rack rate at the Poly is like 470 a night in the summer.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom