AP newbie questions

mikewdw

Original Poster
For AP do we need a exchange certificate or only id, confirmation number?
How does the magic band process work?
Do you get new band only or card also? Does it function like normal magic band as hotel room key/park entry/charging privileges. As soon as you activate it does it automatically have all your MDE info on it (FP, dining etc?)
Do we get new magic band each trip or only one set for the year?
anything else we need to know as first time AP holders?
Thanks
mikewdw

Tuvalu

When I ordered online, I received a confirmation number which I put into MDE in order to have valid ticket media to make FP+. I had an onsite resort reservation and wanted to make our FP selections at 60 days.

I received an exchange certificate in the mail which I brought to Guest Relations to exchange for the AP. I needed to show ID. If you have a confirmation number and your ID that will probably be okay.

I received a plastic RFID AP. Once I used my AP to enter a park it triggered a MagicBand order to appear in MDE. Guest Relations does not have MagicBands. Some people have reported receiving a MagicBand order In their MDE account immediately after purchasing an AP, but this was not the case for me.

Since I was staying onsite, I already had a MagicBand to use so not having my "official" AP band was not an issue. If you are staying onsite you will receive a MagicBand (and thus will end up with 2.) if not, you can use your AP card instead.

Remember that nothing is *stored* on a MagicBand; the band merely points back to your MDE profile. So every band you have points back to that same information. If you are staying onsite, every band will allow you park entry, FP entry, room entry and charging privileges. If you are offsite, your AP band (or card) will only allow park and FP entry, no charging privileges.

While you will only receive one AP band per year (upon renewal you will get a new band), you will receive an additional band with every onsite resort stay during the year. There is no way to "opt out."

In order to take advantage of AP merchandise or food discounts, you must show the plastic AP card. For whatever reason just having an AP MagicBand will not allow for discounts.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom