AP Holder Card to Magicband

Disney Shib

Original Poster
Hi All,

This is my second year as an annual passholder. I renewed back in April and instead of receiving a normal Passholder card I received a transfer type card that I have to turn in at one of the parks I believe. I already linked the number on this transfer card to my disney account online. However, I read that AP holders have the option of receiving a magicband. There is no way for me to do that on the site. It says I have to link an account but the account is already linked. Any idea how I can go about fixing this and getting my magic band? I have a big trip planned for October and would like to get it straightened away.

Thanks so much in advance for your help!

arko

was your old card linked to your MDE account, when I renewed this year it just extended that card and added a pending order for new magic bands

Disney Shib

Original Poster
was your old card linked to your MDE account, when I renewed this year it just extended that card and added a pending order for new magic bands

My old card is no longer active. I added the number that was on the back of the transfer type card they sent me. And it says that that card number is now active but it doesn't have a bar code or swipe strip or anything.

arko

My old card is no longer active. I added the number that was on the back of the transfer type card they sent me. And it says that that card number is now active but it doesn't have a bar code or swipe strip or anything.

It is probably RFID only, when you look at your profile screen you should see an option for magic bands and cards, if you click on that you should have a pending order

sjhym333

There are a couple of things about AP Holders and MagicBands. The first is you may need to call Disney and talk to the MyMagic group to get them to push the MagicBand onto your MDE. It may or may not work. From my experience (and we have 4 AP's that we have renewed or added over the past couple of months) MagicBands will show up on your MDE AFTER you process your AP at a ticket booth and use it at the turnstiles. Not sure why that happens but that has how it has happened in all 4 cases. After the actual AP has been added onto your MDE the MagicBand ordering option shows up pretty quick (within hours). You can then personalize and they will ship it. Early on it took a bit for them to get them out but the most recent one we got in the mail in a week. I would suggest you talk to Disney.

Disney Shib

Original Poster
There are a couple of things about AP Holders and MagicBands. The first is you may need to call Disney and talk to the MyMagic group to get them to push the MagicBand onto your MDE. It may or may not work. From my experience (and we have 4 AP's that we have renewed or added over the past couple of months) MagicBands will show up on your MDE AFTER you process your AP at a ticket booth and use it at the turnstiles. Not sure why that happens but that has how it has happened in all 4 cases. After the actual AP has been added onto your MDE the MagicBand ordering option shows up pretty quick (within hours). You can then personalize and they will ship it. Early on it took a bit for them to get them out but the most recent one we got in the mail in a week. I would suggest you talk to Disney.

I spoke with the yesterday and they told me exactly what you just said. I wont have the option for the magic band until I turn my transfer certificate card in at one of the maingates. So it looks like i'll have a card pass this trip but my magic band in February. Thanks for all the help.

JasonDeyoung

I renewed my AP online at the 60 day renewal for FL residents and it just added a new pass under magic bands and passes basically shows I have two but it's just an extension and it then proceeded to make me order another magic band. Was a very easy process and they mail you a new discount card along with the new magic band. Everything updates and should show in your MDE account/profile

I spoke with the yesterday and they told me exactly what you just said. I wont have the option for the magic band until I turn my transfer certificate card in at one of the maingates. So it looks like i'll have a card pass this trip but my magic band in February. Thanks for all the help.

Are you staying on-site? If so and you can customize magicbands for your stay, yours can also be used for your AP.

FrostyNaples

You can also just buy a magic band while your there, immediately following your AP exchange to real ticket swap. The free ones will be available to customize right after, but if you want something for your up coming trip, you can just buy one while there and activate right away.

MissM

I just renewed my AP online yesterday. It gave me the temporary printout to take to the park BUT it ALSO immediately had a new Magic Band order listed in my account. It let me customize and order a new set. (Even though we already have some AND RFID cards linked too from before.)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom