AP Dining Discount

Polite

Original Poster
Hello all!

I hope each of you had a wonderful Thanksgiving! I have a quick question for you all.

I just finished dinner at The Wave and ran into an issue receiving an AP Discount. I also have a Tables in Wonderland Card, DVC Card, and Disney Visa Card; however, I know these aren't valid on most holidays. The server mentioned this was discussed in their meeting and there are no discounts on holidays. I asked him to please verify this, as the server at the table next to us asked his guests if they had an AP, DVC, or Disney Visa card for a 10% discount. The manager verified the server's information and stated he received an email to not accept any discounts on holidays; however, he did go ahead and honor this discount for us. In reviewing Disney's website HERE, The Wave, along with most of the other restaurants have zero reference to no dining discounts on holidays.

There are a few restaurants that clearly state they do not accept AP dining discounts on holidays as evident with Teppan Edo's information: Discount applies to the non-discounted price of food and non-alcoholic beverages (excluding applicable tax and gratuity). Not valid on New Year's Day, Thanksgiving, Friday after Thanksgiving, Christmas Eve, Christmas Day or New Year's Eve. - I've bolded this for emphasis

The Wave's information states the following: 10% Discount applies to the non-discounted price of food and non-alcoholic beverages (excluding applicable tax and gratuity) during all available meal periods. Special events and dining packages excluded unless otherwise noted. Valid for the Passholder and up to three (3) Guests. - There are no references to holidays

I understand Disney can do what it wants with discounts; however, it would be nice if their processes, communication, and information were more consistent. I've been staying on property and eating at Disney for at least 5+ years on holidays and this is the first time I've ever been informed they won't be honoring a discount. Do any of you have any information about this is? Any idea if this is accurate? Seems silly for Disney to be fighting over 10%, though I guess you could say the same about this post. In my defense, it's more about the principle and lack of consistency on Disney's end than anything.

Thank you in advance for any thoughts or feedback you may have!

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom