AP best rate program gone???

joshwill

Original Poster
if this was posted befoe, then ignore this post.

seems the PTB at WDW have listened to the masses and dumped the best rate program.

http://disneyworld.disney.go.com/wdw/passholder/offerDetail?id=PassSOResortBenefitDetailPage

new rates on that page are:

Available most nights 1/16 - 2/4/06
$79 per night plus tax at a select Moderate Resort in a standard room**
Booking Code: BKE

Available most nights 2/5 - 2/9/06 and 2/12 - 2/15/06
$59 per night plus tax at a select Value Resort in a standard room**
Booking Code: EZA
Available most nights 2/20 - 4/8/06
$80 per night plus tax at a select Value Resort in a standard room**
Booking Code: EZK
The number of rooms available at this rate is limited.

no ap rate for value resorts during the EE ap preview weekend. sold out??

glad i got mine thru the florida res discount last month :)

JeffH

Boo Hiss, now what do we do?

Let's see, Disney offered the same discount rates which we could lock in without worrying that they might have a cheaper rate that we'd miss out on.
This elimininated waiting until the last second hoping for a discount rate only to miss out on a room completely because they got booked up.

I took advantage of it to get $59 rates two weekends in October, twice in December (including $59 for the 7 nights leading up to Xmas eve), two weekends in January (including one for $49), and another in February.

The Best rate program was a wonderful gift from Disney, I can't think of a negative aspect of it.

I hope they reconsider this benifit.

Mannoroth

JeffH said:
Let's see, Disney offered the same discount rates which we could lock in without worrying that they might have a cheaper rate that we'd miss out on.
This elimininated waiting until the last second hoping for a discount rate only to miss out on a room completely because they got booked up.

I took advantage of it to get $59 rates two weekends in October, twice in December (including $59 for the 7 nights leading up to Xmas eve), two weekends in January (including one for $49), and another in February.

The Best rate program was a wonderful gift from Disney, I can't think of a negative aspect of it.

The problem with Best Rate was the stupid "lock out" periods. You couldnt even book a Best Rate reservation for the AP EE preview because it was announced less than 60 days out.

The best rate available part of the deal was great. If they kept that without the 60 day lockout, it would have been great. Heck, if it was 30 days it would probably have been fine. But the way they set it up it just couldn't work.

PamelaNiebergal

I'm mostly happy that the best rate program is gone because you are no longer limited to online bookings. I much prefer to speak with someone than hope that I'm doing everything right on the website. I book trips longer than 10 days so phoning in and recieving a receit and confirmation in the mail is a real comfort to me. Plus I think it's easier to switch the reservation I make in advance to a passholder rate on the phone than online.

Rob562

Mannoroth said:
The problem with Best Rate was the stupid "lock out" periods. You couldnt even book a Best Rate reservation for the AP EE preview because it was announced less than 60 days out.

The best rate available part of the deal was great. If they kept that without the 60 day lockout, it would have been great. Heck, if it was 30 days it would probably have been fine. But the way they set it up it just couldn't work.

Also, if you had to cancel your trip for any reason you were screwed, because of the non-refundable deposit. And I believe there was a change fee involved with any changes to the itinerary, right?

-Rob

tampabrad

I just booked at the AKL for $40.00 less than the FL Resident rate:sohappy: :sohappy:

There is a 46 day cancellation clause on my reservation.

Actually the email says 4.6 days to cancell. HUH what is .6 of a day?

GoofyFreek

I just made 2 reservations and had to cancel one of my FL resident resv. There is still availabilities for EE, atleast at all the all-stars there are availabilities.

islandbeachnut

JeffH said:

Totally agree with you :wave: I can imagine it might not be so great for those who book less than 60 days out, but it was great for us!! :animwink:

vilegirl

I just changed my reservation for the Everest preview weekend. Since it wasn't announced 60 days ahead of time, I booked a room at regular rates.:mad: I called today and applied the code to my room and saved lots of money! :sohappy: I'm so glad the best rate program is gone!!

DisJosh

Woohoo!!! I didn't even get a chance to book with best rate...and I'm glad. I booked my last trip just before it started. I'm glad it's gone...makes things less complicated for slow folks like me. ;)

Laura

Premium Member
Wow this is great news, I think.

The only bad thing about it is now I'll be back to planning vacations on whims, which is tough on the budget LOL. I just can't restrain myself when good deals come out.

WTBAD

I too just booked a room at rack rates for the Everest preview. With the BRP gone I have a big decision. Do I remain at a value resort & save the $30 per night or switch to a mod resort for the same rate that I booked for the value resort? This could be difficult.

brkgnews

With me, it was a matter of I couldn't really afford the rate I booked at in the first place, so this was a Godsend. I had considered plussing over to POR or something, but I could use the extra money savings and I also just love Pop Century too much.

jakeman

Just a heads up for everyone. I still got a better rate by booking through disney.com. When I called this morning for the EE weekend the rate was $221 for POFQ. I booked online and the rate was $179 (for two nights).

I'll post this in the other thread also.

sniggle74

All I can say is - THANK GOODNESS THE BRP is GONE!!!

We can finally go back to the old way of going back to the happy place. With the BRP, IF another rate did not come along you were still trapped in the rate that (most of the time) was not the best. Plus, the 60 days out was very frustrating for those AP holders like myself who look at the calander and say "I think it's time to go to WDW".

For example, we wanted to go mid-February. With the BRP, we were paying over $375 for 4 nights at Pop Century. Now that they removed that awful plan, I decided to try it again and for the same time frame, we got a room at Pop Century for $220.

I am once again a VERY happy Mousekateer!

Nicole

I just checked out what the rate would be on my Feb trip and it's exactly the same with the new program as I'm paying on the BRP. Drat. I was hoping to try to get a discount! LOL

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom