Anything that I missed that we need to see or do?

Anything that I missed that we need to see or do? This will be my family’s first visit to Walt Disney World. We arrive late on Sept 24<SUP>th</SUP> and leave late on Oct. 3. There will be my Wife, 16 year old Step-Daughter, her 16 year old girlfriend, and our 11 month old son. We have two rooms at Pop Century and got the free dining plan included. We have eight day premium Magic Your Way tickets, and I have an annual pass as well as a DDE card. We have quite a few ADR’s booked. Sunday the 25<SUP>th</SUP> at Animal Kingdom with breakfast at Donald’s Breakfastosaurus and dinner at Boma’s. Monday the 26<SUP>th</SUP> at the <ST1:place with breakfast at Chef Mickey’s and dinner at ‘Ohana’s. Tuesday the 27<SUP>th</SUP> at Disney MGM Studios lunch at the Sci-Fi Dine-In and dinner at 50’s Prime Time Café. Wednesday the 28<SUP>th</SUP> at the <ST1:place><?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:place> with breakfast at Cinderella’s Royal Table and dinner at Liberty Tree Tavern. Thursday the 29<SUP>th</SUP> at Epcot with lunch at L’Originale Alfredo di Roma and dinner at Le Cellier Steakhouse, that evening my Wife and I are going to see Cirque Du Soleil La Nouba while the girls take care of the 11 month old. On Friday the 30<SUP>th</SUP> we are spending the day at Seaworld. On Saturday October 1<SUP>st</SUP> we are going to spend the morning in the Animal Kingdom and the afternoon in Epcot and my wife and I are going to Victoria and Albert’s for a romantic dinner. On Sunday the 2<SUP>nd</SUP> we don’t know where will go maybe to Typhoon Lagoon for the day and we are going to Concourse Steakhouse for dinner. On the 3<SUP>rd</SUP> we thought we would try to see anything that we had missed in the parks before we head to the airport for our <st1:time Hour="16" Minute="30">4:30</st1:time> flight. We will use our counter service meals for the rest of the meals in the parks, and we will pay for two of the breakfast’s buffets as we have too many table service ADR’s for the dining plan.<O:p</O:p

MSTINKHERBELL01

Sounds Great to me!!....Don't miss "Wishes" @ Magic Kingdom and FANTASMIC @ MgM. Also, try Mickeys Not So Scary Halloween Party if you can...the food and wine festival is also going on during the time you'll be visiting.

Most of all...Just have a Magical Time!:wave:

MSTINKHERBELL01

Upvote 0

LaughingGravy

What a coincidence

Doug,
We're arriving on Oct. 3 with virtually the same plan, but with 2 younger girls, so no romatic dinners.
Pop Century Plus Dining plan, w/ 8 day Premium MYW tickets, etc.
We've not been down since 1992, so this will be like going down for the first time all over. Our kids have never been.
Upon your return, if you can manage the time, any reviews you could put up regarding your restaurants and Dining Plan experiences in particular would be greatly appreciated. We have at least 3/4 of your same ADRs booked.

There also seem to be different opinions on the Extra Magic Hours, whether to go or stay out of those parks on those days, and arriving later in the day if you are a resort guest after the hours are started.
If you could get the latest skinny on that and (hopefully) post it upon your return, I for one would be extremely grateful.

You'll find we are a very friendly helpful lot here.

I plan upon doing a very nice trip report upon our return since so many have done them for the rest of us. There's so much going on and available; without this forum (which I find to be the best one), I can see how WDW can be overwhelming for the uneducated.

I'm jealous! You get to be there a whole week earlier.:cool:

Enjoy!
One tip: Oh yeah, everyone here says to bring small, foldable, light umbrellas, as opposed to dealing with ponchos.

Upvote 0

lawyergirl77

MSTINKHERBELL01 said:
Sounds Great to me!!....Don't miss "Wishes" @ Magic Kingdom and FANTASMIC @ MgM. Also, try Mickeys Not So Scary Halloween Party if you can...the food and wine festival is also going on during the time you'll be visiting.

Most of all...Just have a Magical Time!:wave:

MSTINKHERBELL01
ITA with this post! Fantasmic and Wishes are definitely not to be missed (and relatively easy to work into your schedule), but you should try to set aside a night for MNSSHP (have never seen it - AM DYING TO GO). Another thought would be to ditch one of your Epcot meals and just munch your way through the Food and Wine Festival's offerings (even though it may be more expensive because it's not covered b the DDE). Another thing that I would LOVE to do but haven't had the chance to try... yet!

Upvote 0

Douglas Bray

Original Poster
We will make a point of seeing the fireworks ar Magic Kingdom, Epcot, and at Disney MGM Studios at least once for each and more if we can. I thought that we would wait and see how we all where feeling before buying tickets for MNSSHP, if we have the engery we thought of going on October 2nd. We were planing on having lunch buy sampling from the food offerings at Epcot's Food and Wine festival on Saturday October 1st.

Upvote 0

DisJosh

My fiance and I will be at POP September 23 - October 2. It will be our second time at POP(my 8th WDW trip, her 19th). From the sounds of it we won't see you at all in the food court. ;) That's alot of reservations!!

Sounds like you've got everything covered but writing everything down and then doing exactly that is a whole other story. As a first timer I probably would have kept the planning a little less restrictive. You may also find that your plans to spend full days in single parks may not pan out. With the ability to park hop and even the option of hopping on a bus and going back the hotel for a break, staying in one park from morning to night just because of breakfast AND dinner reservations seems a little crazy.

I'm sure you'll have a blast though. Some people swear by schedules...some of us don't. Either way the first trip will be a learning experience/ :D

Good luck! :)

Upvote 0

gboiler1

We'll be checking into Pop the same day! Only diff is we'll be heading to Port Canaveral for a 3 day Disney Cruise on Thursday of that week.

My recommendations for a first visit are don't burn out by doing too much and exhausting yourself by the end of day 2. Our first "full" trip in 2002, we planned to see each park, but ended up skipping Epcot, partly because we didn't want to short our times with our then 3 turning 4 year old at the other parks.
It's okay to skip an AR if you don't have time.

Sounds like you have a good plan, though.

Enjoy!

Upvote 0

lawyergirl77

Just wanted to echo the posters in here who said that you should really REALLY take your time with your touring plans. Having just done a whirlwind 32 hour WDW trip, I now see why it's so important to take time "off" and go back to the hotel to relax!!! Make sure you plan some time to do exactly that!!! Even if it's just 2 hours, you'll be glad you did!!!

Upvote 0

Epcot82Guy

Adding to the list of people, take your time! You will simply not be able to see everything, so just go with the mindset of enjoying what you see. I think your plan sounds great. Note that F&W at Epcot offers ALOT of food (possibly more than an afternoon's worth). Just being in WS at this time is alot of fun.

Enjoy!

Upvote 0
. . . and don't miss IllumiNations either.

Congrats on your first trip! If you are normal folks, at some point during your stay you will realize two things: 1) You cannot possibly do everything you want to do in one visit, and; 2) You MUST come back. Our first trip was in 1997 and we have gone back every year since, during the first full week in December. We used to try to plan an itinerary and stick to it, but have learned over the years not to plan much beyond than which park(s) to visit on which days, and which restaurants to go to (and if a reservation is required/recommended, to keep that appointment). Otherwise, we just "go with the flow" and try not to be in a hurry or wedded to a rigid schedule.

You will love it. And though the first visit has an excitement all its own, so does the planning of each subsequent visit.

Upvote 0

Douglas Bray

Original Poster
As this is our first trip to Disneyworld we do want to see as much as possible while we are there. We have been down to Disneyland twice in the last year and we loved Fantasmic and will make a point of seeing it at Disney MGM Studios as there it actully has places to sit down unlike in California where it is done off of Tom Sayers Island. I have been down to Disneyland before my I got married over a dozen times so I know that you can't see it all in one trip and that is at a park about one quarter the size of Disneyworld. Because our infant son will be with us we know that will miss more than we would like and will have to take a break at least once every day so that he can have a good nap ( and us as well ). We plan on going back to our rooms every day except the day we are going to Seaworld, on that day we hope to find a quite spot in the shade that he can lay down. I really appreciate all the information and help that people here have provided, I can't wait for the 24th of September to arrive.<O:p</O:p

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom