Anyone staying at Caribbean Resort in last week or so with an update?

AuroraAU

Original Poster
Just looking to get some information, advice, tips on what all is going on and what types of food is available, etc. Looking to plan a trip there this summer.

nicb88

Just looking to get some information, advice, tips on what all is going on and what types of food is available, etc. Looking to plan a trip there this summer.

I haven't stayed but the best information at present (which was said on here and was told to me by Disney yesterday) is that the construction on Caribbean Beach itself won't be completed until November/December (Riviera construction at the north end of the lake will be complete next year).

That means over summer the food options will be Spyglass Grill (newly opened in Trinidad South), the Food Truck, Centertown Buffet ('the tent') and the Island Markets in Jamaica, Aruba and Martinique (grab n go). Room service/pizza delivery is as normal. Banana Cabana is also operating from a makeshift bar.

Shopping wise, this is out of another truck near the Centertown Buffet. I think activities are pretty much as usual. The pools are all open though the marina/bike rentals are not available.

Hope this helps!

patch553

give Tim Tracker a look on youtube ,hes got a recent walk around video about 20 mins long, it covers pretty much all aspects of the resort

AuroraAU

Original Poster
Thanks. I am curious as to which part of the resort to request to stay as well. I'm new to this resort. Thought who else better to ask than those who have stayed recently. :)

lostpro9het

We just stayed there during Spring Break: You're going when, again?!?! A live trip report from the Devil's week.

We were in Aruba and the food option was HORRIBLE! Essentially they gutted a standard room and tossed in a microwave, a cooler, a coffee machine, and some small prepackaged food items. Our room was excellent, however, and we never heard any construction noise. We really wanted to try Spyglass but getting there was a PIA. Also, because of construction we were advised not to walk anywhere outside of Aruba and Jamaica! The buses were were very good during our trip but we have no desire to return.

Bartattack

this recent overview of the resort also gives a good idea of how far along they are with the construction.

I'm staying there last 2 weeks of august... haven't decided yet which part of the resort to stay at.

higgipoker

We are staying there early July for 2 weeks and the only thing we're really concerned about is the efficiency of the buses.

We don't mind a long walk within the resort to get the bus stop, just that the buses are frequent enough at both ends with no unreasonably long waits!

Anybody had any experience with the park buses during renovations?

Cheers from Vienna! :)

Edit: Also, is the jogging path still accessible?

Brickrancher

We are staying there early July for 2 weeks and the only thing we're really concerned about is the efficiency of the buses.

We don't mind a long walk within the resort to get the bus stop, just that the buses are frequent enough at both ends with no unreasonably long waits!

Anybody had any experience with the park buses during renovations?

Cheers from Vienna! :)

Edit: Also, is the jogging path still accessible?

We were there for a week in December during free dining. It was packed but we felt the transportation was top notch. Never more than a twenty minute wait for the bus. I believe the path you are referring to was mostly open.

higgipoker

We were there for a week in December during free dining. It was packed but we felt the transportation was top notch. Never more than a twenty minute wait for the bus. I believe the path you are referring to was mostly open.

Thx for info. I guess a lot can change even between now and July. Hopefully we wont be disappointed!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom