Anyone rented a boat to view Illuminations???

Kevin Page

Original Poster
The cost seems pretty reasonable, under $200, if you dpn't add on $$$ for food.

We are looking to bring our wedding party on for it as a nightcap to our wedding.

How good can you see? Does the boat have a top that inhibits your view? When in the world showcase lagoon do you view them from? Any good or bad experiences?

Thanks

MouseRight

My friend has. Several times. Each time he invites us, we have scheduling conflicts - darn. He says it is GREAT! I'll ask him your questions and get back to you.

MouseRight

Answerd from my friend:

The cost varies depending on which boat you rent.

12 passenger pontoon boat
old chris craft speed boat - 7 passenger
large party boat

you are under the bridge between england and france very good view and you can hear the music fine.

there is no top in the speed boat only. The top will only be put up if it is raining or you request it.

the experience was great everybody had a great time. You should also try the boat view of the fireworks from seven seas lagoon. You see the fireworks from the lagoon in front of the main entrance of magic kingdom.

DisneyGal

I just booked the Illuminations cruise because I have heard nothing but good things about it. I can't wait to see what it's like, only 2 1/2 months to go!! :)

mickeyears

Just booked ours for October 16th. Unfortunately, there are only 4 pontoon boats for rent. If you don't call 90 days prior, right at 7:00am, you most likely will not get a boat. Our Nov. 2000 trip we called 90 days (all 7 days) prior at 7:00 am and still missed because the 4 boats already rented with the first 4 calls. We are so excited to get our Oct 2001 trip booked for the illumination cruise. We have heard nothing but good things about them. Will let you know what we think when we return.:D

YCgirl

A group of us went on the Illuminations Cruise and had a fun time. The view isn't the best - the boats park under the bridge at International Gateway so they don't get in the way of the show. Still it's nice and you don't have people butting in front of you. They do get booked very early.

If you can't get a pontoon boat for the Illuminations Cruise, you can probably get one at the Grand Floridian for the Fireworks Cruise at the Magic Kingdom. I've done this twice and really enjoyed it. It lasts about an hour between cruising around the lakes looking at the resorts lit up and then watching the fireworks. We were able to hear the loud speaker from the Magic Kingdom and it felt as though they were putting the fireworks show on just for us.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom