Anyone miss the powder hand soap?

Lilofan

Original Poster
Back many years ago , around late 1990s the parks and resorts had the powder soap by the hand sinks in the restrooms. When you wash your hands with the soap you get that ahhh my hands feel clean feeling! Then that soap went away...

lilypgirl

No but I do miss the soap sculptures you get from some store at DTD back in the early 80's. I had Snow White and few of the Dwarfs. Cant't tell you the name of the store because I was so young but that and the fruit juices coming in a plastic containerss representing the fruit you were drinking are two memories that are etched in my brain.

Queen of the WDW Scene

In the Parks
No
OMG we talk about it every time we are at Disney.
For some reason the bathrooms that I recall it in the most are the bathroom just inside MK and the bathroom on the bridge from TT to World Showcase.
We loved it. It was pink, it smelled good, and it made your hands soft.
As children did we behave in a way that we probably shouldn't have while my mom was still in the stall and get a handful of it? Sure but overall I don't think we were bad lol.

jaklgreen

My husband and I were actually talking about this a couple of weeks ago. I said that I missed it because I felt like it scrubbed the dirt away. He said that he hated it because it felt like it was rubbing the dirt into his skin. I told him that was weird, you obviously scrub dirt away, not in. LOL

prberk

I seem to remember it was eliminated shortly after 9/11, perhaps because of the Anthrax scares. I miss that soap :-(

That was exactly why it went away here. Soon after 9/11/01, someone was sending Anthrax powder to media organizations in the mail. I think they got rid of the powdered soap here (which was white or off-white) out of an abundance of caution at the time. Sad but true. More of the fallout of 9/11.

PeoplemoverTTA

I hated that soap - it was so drying, my hands would be uncomfortable after a full day in the parks. Haven’t thought about it in ages!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom