Anyone know/used uscarhire to rent a car?

2Siamese

Hello all, For our upcoming May trip we are renting a Minivan and after days of frowning at the prices thru the rental agencies I came across a website through the UK company uscarhire.co.uk.

My question in general has anyone used this company before, and more specificaly has any Canadians used them. The prices are all inclusive of all offered insurances, extra drivers etc. and is significantly cheaper then anything the actual rental websites offer.

Im just wondering if this is one of those "If it looks to good to be true then it probaly is" times :)

So if anyone has an opinon one way or the other i would really appreciate hearing from you.

Thanks.

jjgoo

I have not used this service, but I would say buyer beware. In the past couple of years there have been a certain amount of negative investigative reports on TV about smaller and not-national car rental agencies.

A lot of the things they report on is a lot of hidden fees, poor customer service and shocking things like heafty charges if you speed. They actually use a satellite to track your speed on the highway and if they catch you speeding they charge you.

Like I said I have not used this company and do not know them. They could be completely legitimate. Just do a lot of research. Search online the Better Business Bureau and see if they are registered. Call the state of FL dept of consumer protection and see if there are any complaints. Just protect yourself.

Also you should check mousesavers for any discounts or CAA or even check with your credit card company they often have special rates.

Good luck!

Upvote 0

Pumbas Nakasak

Heading for the great escape.
For some reason UK based car hire is coming out significantly cheaper than the US based element of the same business. Dollar is 50% cheaper for the same car.

I think youll find that UScarhire are just brokers and use the major companies to supply the car.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom