Anyone have a spare magic band?

coilback

Original Poster
I hate coming on here asking for stuff, but I've noticed some people complaining about having excess magic bands. I just need one or two magic bands. Not using them for the parks. One is going to be used for some cosplay material (for a friend of mine) and the other another friend wants for some game that apparently gives you some bonus if you have a Magic Band. Anyway, I'd be willing to compensate you for postage and a bit for the band if you really need (be reasonable, obviously I could just go buy more). I don't want to give them mine since I may go back to the parks and would like to keep my same ones. One can even be the "child" size (the part you pull off) as the game one doesn't matter. Color is irrelevant as well. PM me if you can help out.

stevehousse

Try the Disney store at your local mall. They might be selling them?

I think it'll be hard to find someone to give them to u seeing as how the bands r linked to their Disney profiles with all their information. Security issue.

And if ur referring to Disney infinity, all the band does is allow a dragon to fly around te castle. That's it...u can't even get close to it...

coilback

Original Poster
Nope, none of the Disney Stores sell them around here. Pretty sure it's a parks only thing.

You can't access any of the info without pin/sign in.

coilback

Original Poster
That's probably what I will tell them to do (go check Ebay). As stated in the original post, I saw people talking in other posts on not knowing what to do "with all these extra magic bands." That's the only reason I posted this. Obviously, the personal info thing isn't a huge concern with a wide portion of the population based on the number of them I found on Ebay just now. From what I know (and previously stated), you can charge anything without a pin, they are biometrically linked, so you can't use them for anyone after, etc. After all, I am pretty sure, Disney wouldn't want to liability for someone losing their Magic Band at the park and then someone grabbing it, taking it and getting all the personal info/data on it.

As for the game, I don't play Disney Infinity, but this is what I'm told it does (for anyone who cares). With the Magic band it: Unlocks the flying fire-breating Dragon in the game, Unlocks the Dragon's Keep prebuilt toy box, and Unlocks the Dragon's Flight sky and the Dragon's Domain Textures. None of that means anything to me, but wanted to post all the info I had since it seemed a bit downplayed otherwise in this thread.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom