Anyone Explain a Small Oddity?

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
Are you positive its a Disney employee and not just someone who lives in the area and hits the parks and doesnt take off their ID badge from work?

fillerup

Original Poster
Are you positive its a Disney employee and not just someone who lives in the area and hits the parks and doesnt take off their ID badge from work?

Positive. The circumstances I'm describing is this person actively performing an obvious job function for several hours at a time.

And while performing the job, the CM goes offstage to change out certain pieces of equipment.

mousermerf

Account Suspended
Who constitutes a direct competitor to the WDC?

Only thing i can think of is you're see one of Disney's choreographers who sometimes wears a USF shirt, for University of South Florida.

jjgoo

I think since you see the person so often, be bold and just go up to them and ask what's up with the bugs bunny (or whatever) t-shirt.:shrug:

jjgoo

I think the OP wants to know how it would be okay for a WDW CM to wear a T-shirt that says Universal Studios or Seaworld across the front in plain view of the public.

Right, OP?

fillerup

Original Poster
But the OP said "not a theme park" which immensely confuses the matter.

Exactly - Disney is a large company with a lot more going on than theme parks.

And no, I have better things to do with my time than make things up.

I was just curious about opinions.

And yes, whoever suggested just asking the CM - I think I'll do exactly that.

I'll get back to you with the answer I get if it's appropriate. Hopefully in the next day or two.

c133125

I think the OP wants to know how it would be okay for a WDW CM to wear a T-shirt that says Universal Studios or Seaworld across the front in plain view of the public.

Right, OP?
Disney doesnt see Seaworld as a competitor. Cast members can get discounted tickets to Seaworld.

csm7030

You don't need to be so defensive, unless that's your whole objective. Why not just say where you see the person and what type of shirt they are wearing? Do you actually think that if you do so the person will be be fired or something? If you were really curious about opinions, you'd give enough information for others to give them to you!

fillerup

Original Poster
You don't need to be so defensive, unless that's your whole objective. Why not just say where you see the person and what type of shirt they are wearing? Do you actually think that if you do so the person will be be fired or something? If you were really curious about opinions, you'd give enough information for others to give them to you!

I don't feel defensive in the slightest.

I have no idea if explaining further would get someone in trouble or not - ergo I'm going to err on the side of caution.

In any event - I've erased my original message since it was obviously too vague and as usual for internet boards the discussion is probably going to get more rancorous.

If I get an explanation to my original question, I'll post it if it's worth posting.

In any event - the original title was "Minor Oddity" - and that's all it ever was.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom