Anyone else love sitcoms at WDW?

need2go2wdw

Original Poster
It may seem corny to some, but I love watching sitcoms, even the old ones like Roseanne and Full House, where they are at WDW :eek:. Last night the Roseanne one was on, and I stayed up for it (even though I'd seen it many times before) and last Friday the Full House ones were on that I made sure I watched. My DH laughs at me for it, but I love watching them! According to Jim has a good one with them on the DCL too, but I can't find that show in syndication as much as the others.

I was wondering if anyone knew about the people in the background shots of these kind of shows. I can't imagine they are all extras, there are so many people walking by, but maybe? Are they just regular tourists on their own vacation being told not to interfere with taping? If they are just tourists, they do a good job not paying attention to the actors and the camera crews! I know WDW posts signs at the front gates about agreeing to possibly be on film by entering when something is going on, but filming something like a sitcom right out in the open seems a little more involved. Anyone know?

ABigBrassBand

I love sitcoms, doesn't matter where they are. Personal favorite is the Nanny <3, but WDW doesn't affect that at all. If anything, I'm outside whenever I'm at WDW running around, and if the TV is ever on, its on the classic Mickey cartoons channel.

need2go2wdw

Original Poster
I love sitcoms, doesn't matter where they are. Personal favorite is the Nanny <3, but WDW doesn't affect that at all. If anything, I'm outside whenever I'm at WDW running around, and if the TV is ever on, its on the classic Mickey cartoons channel.
I meant sitcoms that take place at WDW! I too am also busy running like a chicken with my head cut off while at the World! No tv for me while there, unless its the "Must Do's" in which case I leave on to play over and over and over... :p

LucyintheSky

Oh I love those, too! I've seen the Roseanne one SO many times, but I'll still watch it every time I see it. I like the Full House one too, but I don't think I've ever seen the Step by Step one.

Tinkrbell

I recently found an episode of George Lopez at Disneyland on Youtube. I've never seen it air on television. It's kinda funny cuz they explain hidden Mickeys at the beginning & say they're having a contest to see who counts the most Mickeys.
I love the Boy Meets World one. Its kind of a crossover with Step by Step & they sleep on Splash Mountain & all sorts of crazy stuff.

MickeyMind

Big sitcom fan, Big disney world fan, so I think I've seen every sitcom show that has travelled to wdw. My favorite is probably the family matters and the full house one (everytime I walk into the grand floridian it reminds me of the full house ep)

I think the list of sitcoms who travelled to wdw go as follows:

-Full house
-Roseanne
-Boy Meets world
-Family Matters
-Step by Step
-and I think Sabrina the teenage witch was the last one

all the old t.g.i.f. shows basically, smart move on disney, great marketing for wdw at a time when disney itself was making itself relevant for a new generation, animation was going through its 2nd golden age, and the wdw resort was being built up to what we know it to be today, MGM Studios was the new kid in town..and things seemed so bright and hopeful for not just wdw but the disney company in general...we all know what happened after that, the disney channel started getting commercials and changing formats, eisner's head couldnt fit through a doorway, things like atlantis and home on the range were released...but NOW it seems like disney is turning around the corner again... things r feeling a little brighter and a little more hopeful, and I think I just saw a commercial the other day for a tyler perry's something or other and they were at disney world....signs that Disney might be making a nice comeback once again?

imagineer boy

I love how they change around locations and things you can do at the park.

In the Boy Meets World one, they made it look like MK and Epcot were one park. And they freely went to TLS' backstage areas as they pleased. Plus they could spend the night on Splash Mountain, and the drop happens right as you pull out of the station. :lol:

As for Full House, since when did they invent those types of fireworks? :lol:

trr1

Blossom went to disneyland

Episode: “Best Laid Plans of Mice and Men”
Date: February 8, 1993

sittle

uhhhhh..... Golden Girls anyone???

I am a GG addict, love that show. They have numerous references to WDW, and they did do an episode where they were "at" DW (just Dorothy and Sophia) .... by "at" I mean they were "in" the hotel room and there was a parting shot of Space Mountain (and the gondola buckets) while Dorothy and Sophia screamed with fright.... Supposedly inside Space Mountain.

Also, almost all of the exterior shots were filmed at DHS (then MGM)... Thank you for being a friend!

Walt Disney1955

The Simpsons have numerous references:
The Duff Gardens trip is purposely trying to emulate some MK rides
Itchy and Scratchy land has some similarities too
But the best one is when they are actually at Epcot. Homer finds the place boring (typical :lol:)

Family Guy also has the episode where Peter and Stewie go to what appears to be DL. Stewie is nailed to the floor and forced to be a child in Small World. At the end they are in fact in WDW

need2go2wdw

Original Poster
That's awesome! I didn't know about the Boy Meets World one or the Family Matters one, I'll have to try to find them online. I tried finding the Step by Step one online, but so far, no luck. I love all the Simpsons references too. I love it when they fly over Epcot and Homer says "Ohhhh...it's even boring to fly over!" :lol:

LoriMistress

Full House, Boy Meets World, Family Guy, The Simpsons, and Rosanne were my favorite sitcoms that filmed in WDW.

Does anyone have the link of the Golden Girls episode of WDW?

Goofygirl07

Sabrina the Teenage Witch does have an episode where they go to WDW. Most of it is shots from Animal Kingdom where Sabrina has to collect certain plants to make some kind of potion. I also remember a scene from the bone yard playground with the aunts.

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
Anyone remember the one where Mr Brady was an Imagineer at Walt Disney World and the whole Brady Bunch was there?

Jan lost the blueprints to Splash Mountain on Tom Sawyer's Island and they found it just in time for the meeting with Roy Eisner.

AF :wave:

Cmdr_Crimson

Does anyone have the link of the Golden Girls episode of WDW?

This is the only clip I've seen..But it is in The Golden Girls Season 4 DVD..
[YOUTUBE]
<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/0sbKUQoCYXQ&hl=en_US&fs=1&rel=0"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/0sbKUQoCYXQ&hl=en_US&fs=1&rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>
[/YOUTUBE]

The one I know and is more memorable is the 15th anniversay special with Bea Arthur & Betty White.
[YOUTUBE]
<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/5TpFB08xQSY&hl=en_US&fs=1&rel=0"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/5TpFB08xQSY&hl=en_US&fs=1&rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>
[/YOUTUBE]

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom