Anyone done the Swim with the Dolphins experience??

PhantomPhan

Original Poster
I was curious if anyone had done the Swim with the Dolphins thing at Epcot?? I've been to Disney a dozen times and my husband and I are planning a trip in September and we came across this experience and thought it would be fun to do. If anyone has ever done it, please let me know how you liked it, some pros and cons, or just general comments. Thanks so much!

My wife and I did this as well as the Dive Quest back in August of 2003 and had a blast.

Essentially you and your group go through a comprehensive session learning the ins and outs of the dolphins in a classroom like setting. This lasts for around 45 minutes to 1 hour. From there you change into wetsuits provided by Disney and proceed to travel to the top of the tank to see where they "train/ enrich" the dolphins.

(We actually got to walk on stage in our wetsuits and watch the dolphins do there thing for the normal guests. We got alot of funny looks. :) )

The final 20 minutes consists of an enrichment period with the dolphins when you get to touch/hold them and do exercises with them (there is no swimming involved). The cool souvenir is you get to take a picture with the dolphin in your arms and you get a T-Shirt.

I would highly recommend it.

PhantomPhan

Original Poster
Thank you! I think we'll definately do that. I wanted to do the Dolphin Swimming Shore Excursion when we took our Disney Cruise, but we just didn't have time, so I think we'll definately do it now.

PrinceDon

Look into Discovery Cove at Sea World

We have also done it at EPCOT (Got a video of us with the dolphins & a shirt) and loved it. I would also look into Discovery Cove over at Sea World. I think the price is pretty close to the same and it includes a day at Sea World. I think participants do actually get to be pulled by the dolphins at DC.
Have a good trip.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom