Anyone been to SHERATON VISTANA VILLAGES?

Luau Cove

Original Poster
My next trip to Disney takes place 3/7. As all Disney resorts were taken my family and I are staying at the Sheraton Vistana Villages. Has anyone been there before, know someone who has been there? Please, if you know something about it, just post.

Thanks!

-->Lu?au

Nickahlers

Yes...

Nice place, very spacious. You just have to get over the very bright decor. It's a little jarring the first time you walk in the room (lots of orange and bright blue). Other than that, it's a really nice place. You'll enjoy it.

Travelqueen

Hi everyone!

I too am looking for any info on this resort. Anything you can share would be great. How close is it to Seaworld, Universal/IOA?
I also read there is a shopping outlet nearby, anyone know anything about that. How convenient is the I-Ride trolley, I know it stops in front of the resort and takes you up and down I-drive, are the busses pretty prompt? Sorry for all the questions at once but we will be there in early March so I need all the info I can get.

Thanks to all who reply!!

Have a great weekend.

Epcot is my fav

Re: Yes...

Originally posted by Nickahlers
Nice place, very spacious. You just have to get over the very bright decor. It's a little jarring the first time you walk in the room (lots of orange and bright blue). Other than that, it's a really nice place. You'll enjoy it.

Vistana is so nice....."Vistant your home away from home!" Thats there motto...and its true!!!

#1MMFan

I have stayed a VV twice. Last 06/02 and XMAS '02 (both 1 week stays).

I have to be honest and tell you - if you have ever stayed at VISTANA RESORTS (the original one) YOU WILL BE DISAPPOINTED at Vistana Villages.

VR is 10 times better than VV. 11 pools vs. 1 (yes ONE). VV has NO DINING - VR has 2.

BOTH times we stayed at VV we had problems with noise from other rooms. At VR (have stayed for at least 10 weeks thru the years) and have NEVER, I REPEAT NEVER had a problem with noise.

For your money - VISTANA RESORTS is the way to go.

BTW - just won an eBay auction for our SECOND VR timeshare week YESTERDAY!

YES I DO LOVE THAT PLACE - as do my wife, and kids (13, 11, 9).

Nickahlers

Question...

Which of the Vistana resorts is the one they send timeshare owners to? Because friends of ours stayed at one of them through their timeshare and loved it. I didn't know two of them existed...now I'm curious

#1MMFan

Vistana Resort has been around for 20 yrs. and I believe is generaly SOLD OUT.

I think Vistana Villages is the one still being sold.

As a matter of fact one of our BIGGEST complaints during our stay is that they had sales tours going on at 8:00 AM every morning with ladies in HIGH HEELS clunking on the tile floor. After being out until 1:00AM at Pleasure Island - my family really didnt want to be awakened at 8:00 AM by running kids of POTENTIAL OWNERS.

Our experience was SOOO BAD that Vistana Villages put us up FOR FREE during XMAS holiday to make up for it.

My wife and KIDS say THEY will NEVER go back to VISTANA VILLAGES!

mstarfishee

I agree (100%, no questions asked) with #1mmfan....Vistana Resort is far superior to Vistana Villages. The thin walls thing was most annoying...constant noise!!!!! We stayed at Vistana Resort back in '94 and loved it, so when we did a timeshare search in 2000 and Vistana came up, I said, we'll take it, assuming it was Vistana Resort. Boy, was I ever mistaken. When I had gone in '94, I was single, in 2000 I went with my husband (then-boyfriend - we got engaged there that year!!!). So, prior to the trip, I really talked this place up, because I thought it was one in the same. So not only was I disappointed, but he was really disappointed as well since I had made Vistana sound so great not knowing it was a different one. Well as they say, you live and you learn! But, as i've said in other replies, the end result is always the same.....you'll have a great time at the HAPPIEST PLACE ON EARTH!!! We did anyway!!!

Epcot is my fav

Re: Question...

Originally posted by Nickahlers
Which of the Vistana resorts is the one they send timeshare owners to? Because friends of ours stayed at one of them through their timeshare and loved it. I didn't know two of them existed...now I'm curious

Vistana is great...........Vistana Villages is horrible

"Vistana Resort your home away from Home"

Travelqueen

Hi Luau Cove,

Check out www.dollar.com for some awesome pics of the sheraton vistana villages. get to there website then click on hotels, then click on orlando and hit enter. You will see you can take a virtual tour of the resort.

The place looks awesome, I know some folks have said it is not as nice as the vistana resort, but I actually thought it looked alot nicer, its newer, only 2 1/2 years old. Yes it is smaller, but I prefer a smaller more intimate resort, just seems to be more relaxing to me. Sometimes a really huge resort can be to overwhelming for my family. I think a smaller place is more relaxing as far as always having to keep such a close watch on the younger kids. Just my 2 cents.

I had a friend that has stayed at the resort ahd she really enjoyed it, but when she saw the villages pics she thought it looked alot nicer.

Any how I'm sure you will have an awesome stay at the Villages, I know I will, only 2 days to the vistana villages!!!
yippee!!!!

Luau Cove

Original Poster
Ok. Back from short vacation.
My stay at the Vistana Villages was really nice. I think most of you are underrating the resort probably because your family can afford the expensive deluxe Disney resorts every single time you visit WDW.

I didn't have any problem with guided tours or noisy ladies in high-heels. The apt. was huge, which was great since we were a party of five and saved us from staying in two separate rooms somewhere else. The only bad thing about it, were the pillows which you could ,literally, sink your head into and was really uncomfortable.

The rest was OK. The place wasn't crowded at all, you could be really quiet at the poolside.

-->LUOH

Travelqueen

My family and I were at this resort 3/8 to 3/15, we stayed in a 1 bedroom deluxe. The resort was very nice, the grounds were very well kept the staff was very helpful with any ?'s we had. The pool areas were clean, I think the quiet pool was a bit warmer than the main pool, I heard alot of people saying the same thing. Maid service was daily, it was nice to go back to a clean room after visitnig the parks or lounging by the pool. We didn't experience any noise from other people in nearby rooms or just walking past our rooms. Though we only rode past the Vistana Resort I thought the outward appearance of the Villages was far nicer than the Villages Resort.

iluvwdw

Sorry for posting this reply so long since it started, but I just joined WDWMAGIC today and I stumbled upon it! I am a Sheraton Vistana owner (not the Villages) and I have to say that I am EXTREMELY happy about my ownership! I own two weeks; one in the Cascades and one in the Lakes. The first time I ever went to Orlando in 1997, my boyfriend (now husband) and I stayed at a Doubletree Suites resort on West Irlo Bronson Hgwy...anyway, we went to see the timeshare because we got free tickets to one of the parks. We had no intention of buying anything....well, we ended up buying a 2 bedroom and it was the best move we ever made! Then, they weren't affiliated with Sheraton and Starwood, and we still loved it! Well, since then, we bought another week and the benefits just get better and better! We are actually going to The Atlantis resort in the Bahamas as part of our deal...COMPLETELY FREE...no $75 fees, no exchange fees, NADA. The room we are staying in rents for over $800 per night in May (when we'll be there). And we are also going back to Vistana for a week in August.

If anyone has an opportunity to buy at Vistana Resort, you should really jump on it. It is LITERALLY right next to the entrance to Disney World. It is also a lot cheaper than owning in the DVC and you own it FOR LIFE. You can leave it to your kids or grandkids in your will, and THEY will have vacations for life, and so on. It doesn't expire in 40 years like the DVC does. The only drawback is that it's NOT in "The World", which a lot of people feel is necessary when visiting Disney. Well, it's close enough for me and we have a HUGE villa with lots to do at the resort...you seriously NEVER have to leave if you don't want to! I could go on and on...

If anyone has any questions about Vistana, I will be more than happy to answer them.

:wave:

kellydisney

My boyfriend's family also owns timeshare at the Vistana Resort (not villages) and it is an excellent place to vacation! We've been two times (as a family trip) and had a blast! Once, we stayed in the Vistana Villages, and I thought they were fine. We didn't have the paper thin wall problem and the pool is so large they don't need another because there aren't as many buildings as there are at the Vistana Resort. The pools are awesome and the themeing is so bright and cheery, I love it! I especially like the fact that for the same amount you'd spend on a moderate, you can get a 2 br. suite at the Vistana and it's so much nicer. And the fact that you can keep coming back and trade it off is awesome. If you have any questions about the resort, I will be more than happy to answer them and if you are thinking of staying here, go for it!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom