Anybody familiar with the "Rehitchin' Ceremony" ?

rosebud's mom

Original Poster
I read somewhere about a restaurant in Epcot where you should ask about the "Rehitchin' Ceremony". I'm coming down in December and would love to spring this on my husband. Has anyone out there done this ? I'd truly appreciate any info you can share !

Yes I have heard of this but never seen it done before. It is at the Garden Grill restaurant at Epcot in the Land Pavillon.

Try this link, it tells you the menu and a little about how to do the rehitching ceremony!
Have fun!

Garden Grill

GenerationX

I sprung this on my wife on our trip last week. She was a good sport (she accepted my insanity long ago). It's a short, cute ceremony at the Garden Grill. Only read below if you want to be spoiled.

* Spoilers Below *

* Serious Spoilers, and I'm not kidding! *

* Spoilers ... Read at your own risk! *

Okay, here's the deal. You mention you want to do the Rehitchin' when you make your PS or when you check-in at the Garden Grill. Sometime during the meal, the server will come to your table and say something about you requesting a rehitchin' ceremony. At that point, he'll ask you and your spouse to stand and may ask you how many years you've been married. He'll then announce to anyone within earshot that "we've got a celebration here."

He'll take you through the "I Do"s, then ask you to kiss while he counts to 100 (our guy counted 1 - 10, then 20 - 100 by 10s). We were then presented with a cool certificate, indicating we'd been rehitched. No extra charge!

It's good fun!

Dopey Dave

My DW and I were rehitched last year. One word of advice...take a deep breath before the Kiss.

As the link mentions, you can do this at the ice creme social rather than having the full meal.

Aurora_25

My DH and I did this on our honeymoon- it was really neat- Although I think they stopped doing it (at least that is what my Passporter says) Not sure why though.

Dopey Dave

I believe the Garden Grill at the Land has been closed due to Soaring. I would think it would be reinstated when all that gets back up and running.

DreamerCM

Account Suspended
When we were there in November I called to have the rehitching ceremony. I was told that they have an abbreviated version now. They told me that they no longer do the kiss part because too many same ______ couples were requesting it and parents were complaining. I called 4 times to see if I'd get a different answer, and I even talked to the manager at the Garden Grill, but it was a no go. I'm not sure if they changed their policy since then, but you may want to call directly to the Garden Grill to be sure before you make plans.

By the way, the abbreviated version just consists of them announcing the anniversary to everyone--no real "ceremony".

momto3grr8tkids

I called yesterday 7/14/05 and asked about it. I was told they no longer do it at all. I was sad. We went to Disney on our honeymoon 10 years ago and thought this would be a great thing for our trip this year but sadly it is no more.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom