Any Word on the dinosaur resturant...

wherewhy

Original Poster
I didn't know if anyone had any info or pics on the progress of the new Dinosaur resturant that is supposed to be open in downtown disney. Thanks :)

ImaYoyo

I didn't know if anyone had any info or pics on the progress of the new Dinosaur resturant that is supposed to be open in downtown disney. Thanks :)
Thusfar we know planned opening in 08, and they've poured footers in the creek. That's 'bout it.

Gagesmom314

I have been to the one in Kansas City and it is awsome! It will be a great addition to Downtown Disney. Food wise it is of course just like Rainforest Cafe but the atmosphere is really cool.

ImaYoyo

Landry's is very slow with both of its current projects at WDW...money issues or is Disney giving them grief?
Actually the building at AK has gone up VERY quickly. I was walking through AK last night and was shocked at the progress they have made in the past 3 weeks.

Fun2BFree

I dunno but I think this'll make Rainforest Cafe kinda redundant. Two animal themed eateries run by the same company in a relatively small space?

ImaYoyo

I dunno but I think this'll make Rainforest Cafe kinda redundant. Two animal themed eateries run by the same company in a relatively small space?
Yeah. I originally hoped this was going to be and update or overlay of rainforest until I saw the drawings and pictures. WOW. This place looks like the atmosphere should be stellar. The tables are really fun too! I'm sure the food will be similar in quality, but it will be one of those few places you don't go for the food.

http://www.trexcafe.com/

T-rex is to Dinos what Casa Bonita is to Mexican restaurants.

Figment82

Build-A-Dino? Sounds quite interesting. I used to work at Build-A-Bear and it was always a lot of fun. I thought it odd that DL's DTD has one (and quite a successful one at that!) but WDW doesn't. Perhaps this will make up for it a little.

Gagesmom314

Build-A-Dino? Sounds quite interesting. I used to work at Build-A-Bear and it was always a lot of fun. I thought it odd that DL's DTD has one (and quite a successful one at that!) but WDW doesn't. Perhaps this will make up for it a little.

Build A Dino is great fun. My 6 year old has a green one named Razor. They have fun safari outfits for them and they even have pink dino's for the girls.

TravisMT81

I wish they would just convert the Rainforst to the T-Rex, it would freshen up the marketplace and you would still have the Rainforest at AK.

teebin

Actually the building at AK has gone up VERY quickly. I was walking through AK last night and was shocked at the progress they have made in the past 3 weeks.

Yes, I believe the new restaurant construction in AK is being handled/designed/supervised completely by WDI and not Landrys. Landrys will merely operate within the space that they get. The new DTD T-Rex is most likely WDI approved, design and engineering wise, and that is it. Landrys is most likely in charge of having T-Rex constructed with little assistance from Disney and WDI.

ToTBellHop

Yes, I believe the new restaurant construction in AK is being handled/designed/supervised completely by WDI and not Landrys. Landrys will merely operate within the space that they get. The new DTD T-Rex is most likely WDI approved, design and engineering wise, and that is it. Landrys is most likely in charge of having T-Rex constructed with little assistance from Disney and WDI.
Does WDI even have that level of control over T-Rex? Yak and Yeti I buy, but T-Rex is a chain. The first T-Rex Cafe has already opened...Orlando's looks to be similar to the one in Kansas City.

eagles

i really like that. i hope it does open, it will be my excuse to go to disney again. my son would love it, as well as me!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom